do I really need such a high-end graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um no I HIGHLY disagree with this statement and must refute it at once. An X600 can't even run BF2 at decent settings at decent resolution. In NO way or form can a x550 run BF2 at Maxed settings without getting an FPS of around 10-15 with massive video hitches. BF2 even today still demands a decent system ( takes at least a x1950 or high end 7 series card to run it at max settings with 60+ fps ). My x800 xl can BARELY run BF2 at medium settings at 1024x800 resolution and gets around 20-30 fps.

my friend have you used a a card in the X300 series, i know for FACT i can run BF2 online with high settings and not get any lag, learn from experience not what you read or you are told

my friend have you used a a card in the X300 series, i know for FACT i can run BF2 online with high settings and not get any lag, learn from experience not what you read or you are told

An X300!?!?!?!? Are you friggin kidding? Wow...no offense but you are SERIOUSLY WRONG. I HAVE learned from experience, Ive seen MANY cards running BF2 and I state again, you need a x1950 to run it at full settings to get 60+ FPS. I mean what do you consider "not get any lag" 10-20 FPS? Cause thats seriously what you would get from a CRAPPY x300, even a 9800 pro is better then a x300!

Seriously anyone reading this, this guy is totally talking out of his butt and spreading false information. Just look at these benchmarks:
Real Gaming Challenge: Intel vs. AMD: Results: Battlefield 2

their test setup is a geforce 7800! You telling me the x300 can get these FPS results? Your a joke...someone needs to back me up against this guy spreading false crap.

noo im running a X550, belive me for gods sake, i can play BF2 on high without any lag

bloody **** can you two ****s not take my workd that i can play BF2 on high with my card, i dont give two ****s what you think, at least i know that i can play it on high, you pricks always have to be the best and always be right

oh and AMD kicks in that test w00t

bloody **** can you two ****s not take my workd that i can play BF2 on high with my card, i dont give two ****s what you think, at least i know that i can play it on high, you pricks always have to be the best and always be right

oh and AMD kicks in that test w00t

LOL now I DEFINATELY don't believe you. How can you possible get a kick out of bragging to message board strangers?

Your X550 is crap and is even worse off then a X600 which was crap to begin with. Your card has 128 mb of video memory which is the MINIMUM system requirements for BF2 ( for comparison sake I have a x800 xl 256 mb as I mentioned earlier could only run BF2 at medium setting with 40 fps )

Your default memory clock max is 250 for god sake! Your telling us your card can outperform a geforce 7800/ati x1900?

Your Bandwidth max (GB/s) is 8!!!!! My x800 xl has 32!!!!!! This is just for COMPARISON SAKE! I mean how much more evidence do I need? Look for yourself: Comparison of ATI Graphics Processing Units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your a joke, your definition of no lag is probably like an unplayable 10 fps with lag hitches. Heck I don't even think your card can top 60 FPS on the LOWEST settings of BF2...no joke!

Someone who knows even an ounce of GPU knowledge needs to back me up here.

no, im telling you i dont get any lag on high settings, not saying my card can out perform a 7800, i never said i get an amazing Fps, you never took into account my internet connection, lag can be down to having a poor connection, you must be looking at a very out of date card, for your information my card is and ATI Radeon X550 256MB DDR memory,

so for **** sake all i said was i didnt get any lag on high and you have to go on and on about how crap my card is, i dnt give to craps about my card being crap, it does what it does fine,

no, im telling you i dont get any lag on high settings, not saying my card can out perform a 7800, i never said i get an amazing Fps, you never took into account my internet connection, lag can be down to having a poor connection, you must be looking at a very out of date card, for your information my card is and ATI Radeon X550 256MB DDR memory,

so for **** sake all i said was i didnt get any lag on high and you have to go on and on about how crap my card is, i dnt give to craps about my card being crap, it does what it does fine,

Wait wait...your wording is very sketchy, do you mean lag as in bad FPS or as in ping. Everyone knows ping is mainly affected by your ISP, thats not the issue were talking about here. Were talking about FPS performance with your card, which should be very bad. I say this not to diss your card ( heck even my x800 is getting old and senile ) but to let other people know the truth. So someone doesn't rush out there with an x550 expecting optimal performance in BF2 when truth be told, they will get very dismal performance. I'd say around 10 FPS if you max the settings.

Originally you stated your card can max out settings without any lag, you refered to lag as in FPS lag, not ping/latency lag which you now claim what you originally ment. Your not making any sense, and frankly i don't think your worth the time.

BTW I suggest you get a 8800 GTS for 250 after MIR instead of the 8600 as the 8800 GTS performance is LIGHT years ahead of the 8600.

Good Lord get a life. Who gives a rip about this. Someone asked a question that's it!! Kinda took over this poor guys post didn't ya.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

ok ffs.. end this stupid flamewar... i'm water and i put u flames out....

but a 7600gt destroys cs:s at 1600x1200 and u wouldn't notice anything going from x4 to x8

but an x1950xt would destroy games... but it comes at a 200+ price range for a AGP Card and u might need a PSU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom