8800 GTX stable with no screws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anything is wrong with the case so there is no need to send it back. If you have USB cards or wifi cards using the screwless design is fine. But for big hardware like the gtx, the screwless design won't work.

By the way, you can mount a screw and then put the screwless clamp over it as well. They both fit.

Gabb, I have the thermaltake armor and the 8800GTX as well. I installed it screwless and I was disappointed at how much the GTX shakes. Install the screw for safety. I like to know my hardware is secured. That's a 500+ dollar hardware you don't want shaking around.

Well you guys have to realize with graphic cards its a little different. Since EVGA offers lifetime warranty Im not too worried about the cards health, more about my other computer components health. Anyways how did you install it screwless? Since the 8 series takes up two slots, the plastic screwless clamp thingy couldnt snap down since its only ment to slap down 1 at a time?

I called EVGA and the guy said the same things you guys said, he said its fine if its not secured down and even told me he rarely screws em down. I don't plan to transport the computer to any lan parties, but just in case I tied a zip tie through the 2 rectangular holes that were exposed so its at least held in place but can still move a few mm's to the sides a bit ( why I don't know! the mobo should hold it firmly in place! lame P-35 DS3R design if you ask me... )

That's odd since I was able to put the screwflaps down even if my GTX takes two slots. Just use some force.

Uh? That shouldn't work since the GTX itself ( not the metal but the fat card itself ) prevents the green things from coming down all the way )

Build a System: Page 4

its all detailed and shown here, he even shows pictures of why the plastic clamp thingies wont work. Can you take a picture of how it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom