$400 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikkur

Solid State Member
I want to build a new computer and I have only $400 budget. I don't know much about hardware and still learning. I would be very grateful if somebody help me decide about which hardware to buy..

Welcome to Tech-Forums!

(Haven't seen you around) Well anyways, a budget of $400 can get you a motherboard, processor (preferably AMD since they're for budget builds), maybe 2GB of RAM and a decent VGA.

I don't know much about AMD's but I heard the Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane is a fine overclocker. 2GB of RAM, maybe some G.Skill or Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800. The 7600GT would do fine for decent gaming even though it's a low-end card, it's serving me well. ;)

Can you suggest what mobo will best fit to all these parts and would there be any problem if later I decide to use Vista? And what about the other (case, PSU, etc)?

I have a 40 Gig harddrive and a Sony optical drive, would 40 Gig would be enough? and with this two already in hand how would I use my $40?
BTW it's a gaming computer..

Sorry if this will likely reset the discussion but a friend just promised to aid with $100. Would you guys help me start all over again, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom