hey everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe_hacker

In Runtime
Hello, as you can see, I am new to this site. A little about me: I am IC3 certified. This is a certification that tells people you know the basics of general computer knowlege. I am still in school and working towards getting my MOS certification.

I take courses in Visual Basic and C++. I am into making old style games like Space Invaders. I've been programming for almost 2 years. I started out using Liberty Basic. Dont laugh. Okay, I know LB is lame. But I moved onto VB.

As my name depicts, I am sort of a wannabe hacker. I am very new to this stuff. I don't do any illegal hacks and I dont crack either. If you look at my signature, then you'll understand why I named myself what I did. I don't want people to think I am some criminal who enjoys spreading viruses. I explore my computer's capabilities, etc.

I know all kinds of stuff about software and OS, but I'm pretty much a n00b with hardware and networking.

That's all I have to say. Thanks

Welcome to the boards.. and since I know this for a fact, let me point you in the correct direction of what those terms mean..

Cracker - One who makes unauthorized use of a computer, especially to tamper with data or programs.

Hacker - One who uses programming skills to gain illegal access to a computer network or file.

Anotherwords, the crackers are typically the good guys, the hackers are the bad guys.

alright, i respect your input. but you are the first i've heard of with that analogy.

but thanks for the input i will look into what you said.

LoL! Your name does depict your sig (computer setup)! Welcome to TF. I'm sure there are other (wannabe hackers) in here that can tell you a few things.

First off let me give a shout-out to wannabe_hacker! Welcome to the forums, I hope that we can be of some help! Secondly let me help you out with the lingo. These are the jargon file definitions of the words:
http://jargon.watson-net.com/jargon.asp?w=hacker
http://jargon.watson-net.com/jargon.asp?w=cracker
It is a common misconception that hackers are the malicious ones, writing ViRii and breaking into secure systems, when in fact the hacker community itself refers to these people as crackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom