Building gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditching the PS3 for Computer Gaming? Love to hear it not sure where you should go for parts other than Newegg although I would very much recommend ITDudes for a quality G0 Q6600

Like I said, nobody knows how those games are going to perform so I can't tell you what to get to guarantee maximum performance in those games. A GTX is your best bet, unless you want to spend a big wad of cash on an Ultra, for the best performance in Crysis and COD4. DO NOT get 4GB of ram unless you plan to do one of the following: Video Editing, 3D rendering/animation, or intensive Photoshop work. It will do you no good in current, and near future games. XP also has the same issue with 4GB of ram so you will just be wasting your money. The only operating system that will properly address 4GB of ram is a 64bit OS which I also believe is pointless for you unless you do any of the above mentioned things.

be sure to get a tuniq tower 120 if you get the q6600 G0, which i highly recommend if you want to play crysis
if you have overclocked q6600 and GTX you should be able to run crysis max or almost max

please criticise this list as best u can. i am not very knowledgeable yet so I'm not sure but what should i change? will a higher psu be needed for the gtx and q6600? i basically copied user 'flexifoil' except some stuff was out of stock. this works out at about €1500, which was my initial max. budget but if necesary i will go over although ideally there would be decrese?

aria.gif

Like I said, nobody knows how those games are going to perform so I can't tell you what to get to guarantee maximum performance in those games. A GTX is your best bet, unless you want to spend a big wad of cash on an Ultra, for the best performance in Crysis and COD4. DO NOT get 4GB of ram unless you plan to do one of the following: Video Editing, 3D rendering/animation, or intensive Photoshop work. It will do you no good in current, and near future games. XP also has the same issue with 4GB of ram so you will just be wasting your money. The only operating system that will properly address 4GB of ram is a 64bit OS which I also believe is pointless for you unless you do any of the above mentioned things.
ok well lightwave and vegas works fine on my fathers 2gb ram comptuer so i think i will stick with 2gb as u told me.

Invisible said:
be sure to get a tuniq tower 120 if you get the q6600 G0, which i highly recommend if you want to play crysis
if you have overclocked q6600 and GTX you should be able to run crysis max or almost max
I put an overclocked GTX in the order like u said, but i find overclocking scary and i couldnt find a tuniq tower 120 in the site i am getting from. what should i change in this list?

Ditching the PS3 for Computer Gaming? Love to hear it not sure where you should go for parts other than Newegg although I would very much recommend ITDudes for a quality G0 Q6600
U mean the quality varies from retailer? I thought they are all exac same?

apart from that i dont care about that for now(copied the others guys) wlll change that, just the parts which i dont really understand i.e. the more cmplicated parts

first of all for the RAM, i recommend crucial ballistix instead of patriot, although they are similar brands

second, maxtor does NOT make quality hard drives
go with a seagate 7200.10 series 320gb with 16mb cache

third, a better motherboard is the p35-DS3R

fourth, do not buy an ALREADY overclocked GTX, when you can overclock it yourself,

fifth, does that site your buying from say "Garunteed G0 Stepping"
if not i suggest you order from ClubIT

and lastly, 17'' is WAY to small for me but its your choice
22'' is only $100 more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom