Soyo Dragon loses video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltat42a

Beta member
Hi All, I'm new to this forum. Hope someone can help.
We have several custom built machines, Soyo Dragon P4X400 mobo's, P4 CPU, 512Mb DDR RAM. Over the past several months, one by one, the keep losing the on board video signal. These do run 24/7. We'll go out, clean the interior out, start ot back up. Everythin works fine for a while, then again, video signal is lost.

We installed separate video cards, works for a while, then loses the video signal again.

Any ideas? Haven't found anything on Soyo's website. Boards are not under warranty - about 2 years old.

Thanx...LT

Cleaning the interior. How were you cleaning it? Did you take anything out of the motherboard? Disconnected any wires? Check to see if you got your IDE/SATA connected. People tend to forget to plug in the 4 pin CPU power connector when they 'clean' their interior.

Check of any loose connections or anything unplugged . What kind of Power supply do you have? 300 watts minimum for todays computers

Cleaning the interior. How were you cleaning it? Did you take anything out of the motherboard? Disconnected any wires? Check to see if you got your IDE/SATA connected. People tend to forget to plug in the 4 pin CPU power connector when they 'clean' their interior.

We didn't take anything out of the pc. All power connectors are connected. We don't disconnect anything inside when we clean them, just blow the dust out of the heatsinks, interior, and power supply.

We clean them with the cans of freon from office depot. This seems to work for a little while, then we lose the video signal. Rebooting doesn't work. We've tried un-plugging the power from the LCD monitor.

I've looked through the BIOS, everything there looks good.
Was wondering if other folks were having the same issues with these boards, and if they did, what was their fix (if any).

So far, our fix is to replace the board,chip & ram. It seems these boards just don't hold up.

If anyone has had the same problem with these, let me know.

Thanx for the replies.

LT

Did you take the HSF out while cleaning? No right? This seems to happen with my P4 build but it wasn't the same motherboard. I really didn't find out what was wrong but, a guess could be because of the PSU. If you have one laying around somewhere, you might want to give it a try.

Did you take the HSF out while cleaning? No right? This seems to happen with my P4 build but it wasn't the same motherboard. I really didn't find out what was wrong but, a guess could be because of the PSU. If you have one laying around somewhere, you might want to give it a try.

No....didn't take anything out of the PC. Just blew it out with the cans of freon. We have several of these builds, others are working just fine. We rebuilt about 6 machines now - all with the same problem. They run fine, then all of a sudden when someone goes to do something, it locks up and the video signal is lost and won't come back on.

If we shut the machine down for a while, turn it back on, it runs fine for a little bit, then loses the video signal again.

The only components in these are a DVD-ROM drive and IDE HD.
Video, sound, & NIC are all on-board.

LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom