Attention all Tuniq tower 120 owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like my Zalman, I was thinking you connect the Tuniq's 3-pin wire to the rheostat, and then connect the rheostat, to the motherboard's CPU_FAN slot.

Like so:
stt35.jpg

Er I think you connect the Tuniqs 3 pin wire to the CPU_Fan and then connect the seperate 2 pin thing to the controller thing itself. I totally forgot about that PCI control thing they gave us.

BTW the picture mgcook showed us, he didn't install his rhetostat thing.

Er I think you connect the Tuniqs 3 pin wire to the CPU_Fan and then connect the seperate 2 pin thing to the controller thing itself. I totally forgot about that PCI control thing they gave us.

BTW the picture mgcook showed us, he didn't install his rhetostat thing.

you dont have to install it. it just controls the fan speed. if you dont it just runs at 100% all the time.

as for the cpu fan connector. it will be a 4 pin on the board, but you will see where the extra pin doesnt have the tab thingy on it. just plug it in that way. just look and use common sense and you will figure it out :)

the tuniq has 2 connectors. one for the board for the fan, and the other for the fan controller thingy.

i just chose not to use the controller.

you dont have to install it. it just controls the fan speed. if you dont it just runs at 100% all the time.

as for the cpu fan connector. it will be a 4 pin on the board, but you will see where the extra pin doesnt have the tab thingy on it. just plug it in that way. just look and use common sense and you will figure it out :)

the tuniq has 2 connectors. one for the board for the fan, and the other for the fan controller thingy.

i just chose not to use the controller.

does the system fans even matter where I plug em into? Cause Im just going to plug em into whatever ( some are 3 pin and some 4 ). Are you sure the tuniq tower runs at 100% with no controller on it? Im mainly installing the controller to help stabalize my 8800 GTX.,

yeah i had an adapter for the 3pin-molex and i tested it out on my dell LOL to make sure i didnt need the fan controller/rheostat.

if you want to stabilize the GTX download Rivatuner and set the fan speed to 100%..you dont need a controller for that.

hey mgcook can you take a picture of your tuniq towers golden screws? I think yours is tightened down way more then mine.

i have mine tightened all the way down. just because they went that far. dont force yours more than they will go.

yeah i had an adapter for the 3pin-molex and i tested it out on my dell LOL to make sure i didnt need the fan controller/rheostat.

if you want to stabilize the GTX download Rivatuner and set the fan speed to 100%..you dont need a controller for that.

no what I ment was as I said in one of my posts my GTX isnt screwed down cause its metal thing is blocking the screw hole. But I figured if I install the controller under the 8800 GTX the screw will actually touch the metal thingy and prevent it from moving down 1 mm.

and yes I already use rivatuner and its great! BTW setting your GTX fan speed to 100% all the time will reduce the life of the 8800 fan ( was told this by EVGA tech support )...but then againyou can just RMA it with EVGAs lifetime warranty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom