Whoa...crazy case

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm Lian Li's have always been clean cases. I would even go as far as saying they set the bar for the classic clean look.

Or you could say that they are really ugly cases from a company who rehashes the same design over and over again because it can't come up with new ideas.

I sure am glad they labeled EVERY single foot stand in every single picture. I never would have figured out what those things were. I wonder how that xclio compares to the antec 900 for keeping temps down.

Well, I have the xclio 3060 which just has the 250mm side fan, then I added an 80mm intake (just to get some airflow going towards the back and making sure it's not sneaking out the front, and then I have another 80mm exhaust to help coax the air out the back. My roommate has an antec 900, very similarly spec'ed to mine (we both have e6300's oc'ed, his at 2.9, mine at 3.1, he has the big zalman, I have the AF7) and our CPUs idle about the same (40ish), so I would have to say both do a nice job in cooling, and the other xclios which have the 250mm intake probably provide a decent drop in temps.

EDIT: To the post above, we also both have 7900GTs volt modded with the zalman vf900, mine at 658/800 and his at 600/800, when we both have WoW open, his gpu is at 51c and mine's at 47c, both with the fan settings on low, so ya I would say it does help with gpu cooling, but it's not that big of a deal since our cards stay really cool anyway. I highly recommend the vf900 to anyone who hasn't gone dx10 yet.

One of the reviews on newegg said that they couldnt fit a tuniq tower in it due to the side fan. confirm/deny? Seeing as i have about 1/4" of clearance on my TR Ultra-120 EXTREME! on my current case i have to be pretty careful about what case i get. I wish i hadnt missed the sale on the 900 at fry's but at the time my monthly pc budget was already spent on the video card.

I sure am glad they labeled EVERY single foot stand in every single picture. I never would have figured out what those things were. I wonder how that xclio compares to the antec 900 for keeping temps down.

Let's take the Xclio Propeller as an example.
Newegg.com - XCLIO PROPELLER Fully Black Finish 0.5 mm SECC Chassis/ ABS Frontpanel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

With the huge 360mm fan as the side panel, and some air vents, the force of the 360mm fan sucking in cool air blows onto the motherboard and other components. The heat leaves through the air vents. Maybe the 120mm Exhaust Fan might help too, but I wonder how the 120mm Intake Fan in the front works. It doesn't seem like the 120mm in the front have any way of taking in cool air. But that 360mm Fan gives a great air flow. :happy:

I think the antec 900 gets good airflow like many high profile cases, but its not exceptional airfloor. In many reviews I read they didn't exactly go bonkers over the airflow. Some of you people are talking about it like its the god send airflow of mid tower cases. Its not...but its good, and keep in mind it is a budget mid-tower case ( looks and feels like one too imho ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom