Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
These rankings are not mine really and I don't even honestly know why some are how they are. However they are constantly changed and up kept on an ongoing topic that has around 4000 posts currently...i don't think the 8600GT should be that high on the list but I'm going to say an entire community knows better than I as one person do.

I fully understand that this is an ongoing topic and highly debated. My original post on this topic was simply asking why its ranked so highly and if someone could show me some published justification of this.

I think your missing the point I'm trying to make. I do agree that perhaps new 2900xt drivers will make it a much better card. But as of right this second, those drivers do not exist, so the card should be ranked accordingly.

I'm also gonna back you up on that except for one thing, I don't think ATI will ever release drivers to run that card to its potential. It seems like most people have a false impression on the card, and they buy it because of the potential performance -- not current/real world ones.

Edit: Crap, forgot this wasn't stickied and I would bump it back to the top with a post. Sorry guys.
Actually, it is stickied. I have a link to it in the Tutorial sticky. Having links in a single sticky takes up a lot less space in the forum. Hopefully, one day, we'll have a guides sub-forum for this stuff.

Gee, this conversation took off in a flash.

There should be two lists if not three.
For two lists:
One list would be video cards on Stock settings, no overclocking.
The second list should be Video cards overclocked and modified to their full potential.
And if there was a third list it could be moderate overclocks with stock cooling and little to no physical modifications to the card itself..

It would be far more comprehensive than just one list..

There would undoubtably be different rankings then...

There should be two lists if not three.
For two lists:
One list would be video cards on Stock settings, no overclocking.
The second list should be Video cards overclocked and modified to their full potential.
And if there was a third list it could be moderate overclocks with stock cooling and little to no physical modifications to the card itself..

It would be far more comprehensive than just one list..

There would undoubtably be different rankings then...

or we could have 1 list with stock settings, like we have now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom