Can I get any more out of my CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxer4533

Try again!
Hey everyone, I have an E6420, and I've overclocked it to 2.9 GhZ. I was just wondering: do you think I can get any more out of my processor? I've read that people are getting to the 3.2 range with stock air cooling (which is my case). Here is a CPU-Z Screenie, if that helps.

ScreenShot002.jpg

When running Orthos, I have temps of right around 60* C.

lol yeah 2900.0 means 2.9.... to be honest ur probably best leaving it as it is... 2.9 is pretty fast...although if u want try pushing it a bit more ur not going to burn it out most likely the pc will just turn off...but my advice would be to leave as it is until which point u find it laging

If your temps are around 60C at 2.9GHz, you don't have much headroom at all, as you should stay below 60C on load. What motherboard are you using? Those e6420s are capable of 3.2-3.6GHz, with a good motherboard and cooling.

Don't push it anymore. If you really want more speed, invest in a good heatsink and thermal paste.

A tuniq or zalman are good if you want to spend some money. Once b1gapl mentioned there are coolers that have mx-1 thermal pads on them. I'd assume it's any one thats made by arctic cooling.

^^good point, tuniq tower if you have room, i dont know how big they are but they look big in pictures, if you know you dont then the Zalman CPNS9500 with some AS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom