quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
Xeons is for servers, and shouldn't be really used for gaming maybe daily computing but that should be all the Xeon should do. Where as the Q6600 is much better with G0 stepping which consumes less power meaning a lower temperature while it's at full load.

I do alot of music production with reason,ableton,nuendo and stuff so not really used for gaming at all but alot of multitasking. I usually have two programs running in rewire with a bunch of VST's and ocassionally make dvd movies. My opty does good now but i want a quad for the future.

definately get the Q6600..its great for gaming and DEFINATELY multi tasking! and when games and programs actualy start to utalise all 4 cores u can overclock it and ull still be up there with the best in over a years time :) however it does run quite hot and i hear the cpu cooler it comes with isnt that great so u might want to look into buying a beter cooler if u will be oc'ing it..

definately get the Q6600..its great for gaming and DEFINATELY multi tasking! and when games and programs actualy start to utalise all 4 cores u can overclock it and ull still be up there with the best in over a years time :) however it does run quite hot and i hear the cpu cooler it comes with isnt that great so u might want to look into buying a beter cooler if u will be oc'ing it..

I'm def overclocking. I'll probably end up grabbing a tuniq to cool it with Crucial ballistix or G.Skill HZ's and Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom