• Detect booting errors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enables Dual-Density Booting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with hybrid heatsinks for everything I can myself, mainly because the copper quickly pulls off the heat, and the aluminum gets rid of it quickly. Since you're right; you don't find hybrids for RAM, I'd go with aluminum, mainly because it gets rid of the heat faster, rather than holding it down where it is; right on your RAM. However, if you have fans to hit the RAM, then go copper, since they'll keep it from boiling the RAM they're covering.

Copper+Alumninum is actually one of the most effective ways of disipating heat. The copper quickly pulls all the heat off, and then slowly lets it out, not quite as fast as the aluminum absorbs it, which then gets rid of it right away.

That is a matter of opinion. I have the opinion that thermaltake makes the best sinks, because of the systems I've had, the ones that were built with thermaltake HS/Fs were better for me. The heatsink I will be using is the Thermaltake CL-P0025; a copper heatpipe with aluminum fins and a big fan. In my opinon, that's the best out there that I can find for a reasonable price.

SewerBeing said:
ok if you are right, why do the best heatsinks only use copper or aluminum?? www.thermalright.com <- the best heatsinks.

I use heatsinks from the Alpha company... I think they are best. I am currently using ALPHA-PAL153U heatsinks/fans. They keep my 1.0GHz P3's at 100F or lower..

yet it doesnt matter much what you think, I'm not trying to offend anyone here, just that according to all the reviews and all the people using them, thermalright makes the best heatsinks.

SewerBeing said:
yet it doesnt matter much what you think, I'm not trying to offend anyone here, just that according to all the reviews and all the people using them, thermalright makes the best heatsinks.

Do these reviews include any ALPHA heatsinks? If not, you can't state that ThermalTake are better... If they are not cross referenced with the ALPHA's you can't state they are better.. Also my ALPHA's have copper embedded into Aluminum.

BTW- http://www.ocwarehouse.com/reviews/copper_mem_2.htm

thats because they said its lapjob was horrible and other things. There are other factors. And yeah those reviews did include alpha heatsinks and the thermalright won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom