Antec 900 Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have to make a cut for the top and rear fan as you outlined. the rear one I simply went down the side of the case, across over the PSU just under the PCI plates and out the pre-cut hole for the PSU holder...can't see it at all. The top wire I ran out where the drive cables went out, the wire was long enough.

jfen, you're right I could have done that without the holes but oh well. I just finished my cuts. Take a look at the back. I used and molex to serial sata converter for the power to the HDD for reach puposes. Is there any drawback to that?

Also, Is it ok to plug two fans together into one molex as I have in the picture?

Attachments

• molex.jpg
    molex.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 78
That's OK for the molex to be converted to SATA for power. I do that too.

It's also OK, to daisy chain multiple fans. But I'd like to keep it between 2-3.

The fans are on the second and third extension parts of the molex's in 2's counting from the first available on up. The SATA converter is on the first molex available as you move from the bottom up. Everything to be finished tomorrow. I was going to nlite xp but noone I know has an install disk to get the install files and mine is in storage back in the US, so I might just have to ante up and buy vista 32 bit home premium. I don't have the I386 files on my computer either. I'll post some more pics in the morning(evening for USA). I think I got everything right but in hindsight I should have made the ATX and SATA holes come past the mobo just a tad. I've already made the necessary adjustment for those. I had a good plan, but every plan requires some sort of adaptibility as you go along. I'll post pics when I wake up so maybe someone can learn/make use of this thread in the future. I've learned alot from this forum and the least I can do is help to pass on some of that knowledge.

yeah, post your pics...i did the exact opposite, next time I'll hide the holes more behind the mobo and bring the wires out around it.

OK all done!!! I'm currently typing this on the new rig now. It's a screamer! Still have to overclock tomorrow too. Can't wait. More details on that later. I'll post these on the rate my cable management thread too. Only three things make this less than perfect in my mind. The case power/hdd/rst led, the too short 8 pin cpu power cable, and minor fact that my hdd isn't backwards. But I'm completely satisfied.

prhmail - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom