Opinion on Thermaltake SubZero4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not certain, but that might be pushing its limits.

And also, I dont know if it will mount to 939 on the link you gave it said AMD k7

That would be socket A unless I'm much mistaken.

I'll have a look when it arrives from Oz. I think it mounts a whole host of sockets- it was pretty expensive when it was first released. Playing with my AC 64 Pro right now though. :D
I wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't up to a huge amount of cooling but I also wouldn't be surprised if it beat virtually every air cooler. I guess that would make it lighter and quieter though at the cost of a fair few Watts (the SubZero I mean).

i think strictly speaking what we are talking about is peltier devices, and they are thermoelectric. TEC stands for thermoelectric cooling. you'll find lots in google if you look up peltier. i'll dig out a good link for you some time.

two dissimilar metals that touch each other power is applied, one side gets very hot the other gets very cold.

That basically sums it all up

What it looks like

I've been too busy/ lazy to install this thing. I don't know if I'll ever bother. Here are a few pictures though:

Box
1_subzero4g_subzero_4g-box.jpg

Rear of box
2_subzero4g_subzero_4g-box_rear.jpg

Open box
4_subzero4g_subzero_4g-kit_2.jpg

The kit
3_subzero4g_subzero_4g-kit.jpg

Main unit
5_subzero4g_subzero_4g-peltier_fan_heatsink.jpg

6_subzero4g_subzero_4g-peltier_fan_heatsink_side-on.jpg

7_subzero4g_subzero_4g-peltier_fan_heatsink_side-on_2.jpg

PCI Controller
8_subzero4g_subzero_4g-pic_controller_card.jpg

I can't help thinking the weakness this probably has is with the fan/ heatsink part of the unit. If it had a fan/ heatsink like the AC64Pro then it would seriously rock, as you'd get the best of both worlds.
Hopefully I'll put this head to head with my AC64Pro before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom