Need one more part to build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickAlreadyUsed

Solid State Member
I'm building my first computer, and I still need one thing; the PSU. Here's what I've got so far:

CPU: Intel P4 2.4C (Gonna OC to ~3.2)
MoBo: Abit IC7-G MaxII Advance
Mem: 2 x 512MB PC3200 Dual Chan RAM (Prolly gonna Cruicial)
HS/F: Thermaltake 4-in-1 CL-P0025
Case: Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A
And other misc parts.

However, I don't have the PSU yet, because I'm not sure what to get. I'm thinking 480W, and possibly thermaltake. Here's the Thermaltakes that I'm looking at, but any ideas, thermaltake, antec, other, whatever, would be helpful. Thanks.

the thermaltake is very nice, i have the 420 watt version and its excellent. very, very heavy, and you can generally tell quality from how heavy a psu is. i easily doubled the weight of my pc with this psu. however, antec also makes very nice high-end power supplies.

ive never heard of fortron though, so if you want a good psu thats been tested by many of the people here, go with an antec.

fortron is a marketing name for sparkle psu's, and quite personally if you havn't heard of them you can't consider yourself a geek. They are the best for the money.

dont EVER challenge my geekiness. EVER!
im sure they arent bad, but if you dont wanna spend 75 bucks id go with an antec or thermaltake

A) Thermaltake makes horrible psu's

B) Antecs are ok, they are below fortron

And just for recommending thermaltake not only am I challenging your geekiness, I am stripping you off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom