New gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between Vista Ultimate and Vista Ultimate 64-bit? Will it improve game performace? Because that's all I care about, lol.

If what you care about is game performance, then just go with Home Premium 32-bit. You don't need the expensive version, to get that. The main difference between a 32-bit OS and a 64-bit OS, is that the 64-bit OS is capable of allocating much larger files, and more than 3.5GB of RAM. Where as the 32-bit cannot. But you don't need 64-bit as of now, because the majority of software is still 32-bit. And you're only getting 2GB of RAM.

Since I'm not getting Windows Vista Ultimate, I can afford more RAM but I can't find anything under "Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR2 800" does that even exist?

Sorry, if I sound retarded, I'm extremely new to this but do I just buy two Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) ? Because all it shows is 2gb (two 1gb sticks)

Almost all DDR memory is sold in matched pairs for improved performace. So when it says 2gb "kit" it just means 2 matched 1gb sticks.

Thanks a lot, man. The only question I have now is how the heck does Mechtech3000 have 4GB of RAM then if you can only get 2 sticks of 1GB? or is it possible to get 2 sticks of 2GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom