Temps okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it necessary to use thermal paste or w/e it is on the CPU? The directions that came with it said nothing about that, but the motherboard said i should put a coat on.

I dont plan on Overclocking it. Does it matter?

Appreciate the help

The CPU needs to have contact to the heatsink, through thermal paste or pad. So it is necessary. If you have the bare metals touching each other, prepare for some scorching temperatures.

disable amd cool n quiet in the bios, i dnt think theres enough foltage going into your CPU

wtf? i wrote that in like 10 seconds, some people like you just put other people down

Hey NineteenNintySeven, check out my thread here....skip to the second page and you'll see my experiences OC'ing my 3600+, Nagasama the aforementioned and pictured guru answered a ton of my newb questions and my CPU is now stable at 2.95ghz. now if only i could figure out the RAM stuff...so utterly confused, can't get past the 826mhz as I don't know how to raise the mhz without touching the FSB on the cpu.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/ocing-x2-3600-evga-8800-ram-151846/

Hey NineteenNintySeven, check out my thread here....skip to the second page and you'll see my experiences OC'ing my 3600+, Nagasama the aforementioned and pictured guru answered a ton of my newb questions and my CPU is now stable at 2.95ghz. now if only i could figure out the RAM stuff...so utterly confused, can't get past the 826mhz as I don't know how to raise the mhz without touching the FSB on the cpu.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/ocing-x2-3600-evga-8800-ram-151846/

Usually you can't raise the RAM frequency without also raising the CPU frequency. What you can do though, is lower the CPU multiplier one notch and then raise the FSB back up to where you were. Your CPU will be at the same speed, but now your FSB is higher so your RAM will run faster.

that really depends on which cpu you have in your possesion.
my old 4200, it has a x 11 multi. if i drop it to 10, it will overclock my ram so much my rig wont even boot up.
on the 590sli, i notice that it does not like to have the cpu multi lowered, especially when overclocked.
you really have to monkey around with the cpu multi and ram speeds to find the best combinati0n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom