Nvidia 9800 rumors from Neoseeker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could make a 9800 Ultra that is 2.0 compliant and the rest being for "normal users" with 1.1. That would give them a flagship card for the rich enthusiast and satisfy the capabilities of the mass market. By the time everyone catches up to 2.0 they'll be ready to launch into a new series of cards.

It's always hard to predict what they'll do. If you want or need a new computer just check the horizon 1 month out and if nothing significant is there then pull the trigger.

Wait, is everyone forgetting about agp and pci express? How long were manufacturers pumping out both agp and pci express cards? Frankly it will cost more for them to make two different models -- obviously, but they will end up making more by having a product which 99% of the the market can actually put in their computer.

I can't wait for the nine series to come out, that way I can start dreaming of the 10 series!!!

The only logical thing is that PCIe 2.0 cards will work perfectly with PCIe 1. However, lately the computing industry hasn't been doing things logically (ie: DX and Vista.) so we'll have to wait and see.

All I know is that they need to stop doing this crap so back to back, and if they MUST, then they should make it backwards compatable or technology on a whole is just plain retarded...

The only logical thing is that PCIe 2.0 cards will work perfectly with PCIe 1. However, lately the computing industry hasn't been doing things logically (ie: DX and Vista.) so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed there was no forwards compatability.

All I know is that they need to stop doing this crap so back to back, and if they MUST, then they should make it backwards compatible or technology on a whole is just plain retarded...

man i totaly agree with you

I mean like why would you do that to yourself if your one of the biggest GPU companies in the world, like make a card thats compatible with a board nobody has and make both products extremely expensive and then end up not selling any and loose money i mean its just WEE TODD DID! lol

(thats "retarded" for those who don't know the joke)

Well by the time the prices are acceptable it's time for a new build, but you'll want to do delay it for something new to come out. Kind of like what I did buying an e6750, having second thoughts on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom