HD stuck in slave mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ribbon cable? like from the DVD drive? no theres a little yellow wire that goes to the motherboard and some other cable that looks like its a shorter ribbon cable with about 6 wires on it. I cant actually disable the slave from bios all i can do is turn off the hard drive parameters setting, and choose the access mode

also, my friend connected that external hard drive port that goes on the back of the computer to the motherboard, right below where my HD connects, would that have anything to do with it?

also, what should i so with the jumpers? i pulled it off, not sure if i put it back where it was...sigh i feel so stupid right now lol.

just set the jumpers on the HD to master the HD shoulda came with a diagram. also set the HD as boot first device, if that doesnt work try to get into the bios boot option on some boards its F9 during start-up. If you are trying to iinstall windows on the Hard drive you have to set it to boot from cd

u sure theres a master/slave option on this HD? tried to research it, said there was none. Also, i dont see a diagram on the back where the connectors are. I tried to boot from a CD, that works, till i get to the part where i have to select where to install to, it cant find the hard drive.

once again is it IDE or SATA? ide should be a wide skiny cable while sata will have a small cable on it.

would unplugging the external HD ports help? or moving where the HD is connected to, change slots? im going crazy over here

i posted the HD im pretty sure its SATA
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom