Processor and FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If it's because I'm online does that mean I need a new network card, or is it something else to do with online gaming that would cause fps drop."

IMO your just getting server lag, try and find a server with lower latency, your rig should be able to own css.

Even on my system, I can go hdr and max settings at 1280X1024 and have css playable.

The more people on the server, the more the slowdown is, when you die you can fly around and view the action, try zooming around overhead over several players and see if it lags there, if so it might be your system.

Some periodic pauses and random momentary slowdowns is just the server.

With such a fast paced game, I turn down most all of the settings, run it at 1024x768 resolution, I also use a lot of the cvar tweaks from caseys config, with this setup I'm almost always over 100fps, ready to own, and as long as I'm on a good server my ping is low and game is very 100% responsive.

Temps are fine, and I don't want to mess around with overclocking something especially something that came overclocked out of the box.

I use my own custom autoexec file with many of the things turned down....specular lighting, bump mapping, physics props, model lod, textures, rag dolls, and still have issues.

Also, every now and then when I'm playing CSS my screen will go all liney and fuzzy. The best way to describe it. I tried to take a screen shot but it didn't show up in the screen shot. I have no Idea what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom