Nvidia 9800 rumors from Neoseeker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what I'm hearing/reading is true about PCIe 2.0. I'm glad I didn't wait for the new 9-series. P35 does not support PCIe 2.0, so that requires a new mobo. The only one coming from Intel is the X38, released around the same time as 9-series. Prices of both are going to be sky high, so it's not worth wasting the extra money on the inflated prices, and it's not worth waiting any longer than I have.

So to clarify, at least from what I've read, the PCIe 2.0 slot will be backwards compatible in allowing older cards to be ran (good if you can't afford a new card just yet and already have a PCIe 2.0 mobo), but PCIe 1.1 won't be able to run PCIe 2.0 (bad if you can't afford a new mobo and want a new series graphics card).

Most likely if that's true, AMD and Nvidia will release cards that can be ran on both slots. Look how long AGP lasted after it "died".

Well I guess my build will be delayed til feb/mar for 9800. I know the 9800 will support the P35 but, I want the PCIe 2.0 if its coming out. Come Feb/Mar I realize more stuff will be right around corner then too that is the reality of computers.

It's kinda funny, cause for the longest time I've been thinking of upgrading. First I was gonna get a new mobo w/ a socket 939 and a 64 Processor. Then when the x2's and DDR2 ram came out I was gonna get a new mobo and one of those. Then PCI-e came out and I was gonna get a x2 and a sweet 1800 XT PCI-e and new ram. Then the dx10 and C2D's came out and I was planning on getting one of those. Now the 9 series is gonna come out and the new AMD native quad core is coming out along with the new intel processor architecture. So its funny how people say that their gonna wait a while for prices to drop, and really the thing that really drops prices is the next best thing, and once you get behind you get lost in the dust pretty easily. So I'm currently glad to be in my position, a working computer, AGP, DDR, and a C2D. So when I upgrade all I need is a new mobo, ram and gfx card... yay computer development.

You do realize it's extremely likely that multiple versions of the card will be made i.e. A 9800gtx for pci express 2.0 and one for 1.1. There's no real way I could see nvidia launching a line of cards, that costs them a pretty penny to make, when virtually no one has a system that is compatable with it.

You people need to think sometimes.

yeah imagine the production costs for producing two diffirent reference boards and chips,that would save them a lot of money. Well depends on if pci-e2 is a diff slot than pcie i just hope the slot doesnt double in length, and i hope quad sli comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom