Replacement Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritchie257

Solid State Member
Well my girlfriend has put a large crack in her toshiba m70 case and the screen is now shot. I found a good dealer on Ebay for a replacement screen but I haven't been able to find a case for it (for some reason theres plenty of the lower halves of the case for sale just not the housing for the screen part), If anyone knows of a good site or dealer on Ebay... heck even used ones are fine.

Note: I'm in Canada in the Ottawa region.

where is the crack? and is the crack affecting the computer at all, if you can tell of course. It might be worth a try to call toshiba, and see if you can get a case, it might be quite a bit but you could try. And if the crack isn't doing anything to the computer, i.e. effecting performance, then I wouldn't worry too much, unless its a new computer or you're really into your stuff looking really clean new and shiny.

The crack is what we think caused the screen to break, everytime you go to close the laptop you can see the crack is affecting the pressure you need to shut it.so I think that one time when she went to close it their was just too much pressure on the LCD.

I was also debating just trying to seal it with some sort of epoxy or plastic cement.

Any other suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom