How to set a password on the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
LOLz, on my laptop i could set a password so noone can change my BIOS, but how about this Mobo that I have? I havent seen anything like such when I was surfing the BIOS.

I dont want my room mates in college to clock this thing without me knowing hehe. Who knows what they would do.

Is there a way to insure that only you can change the BIOS settings?

On the boot tab there is a security section. This is where you can change the password. Keep in mind if yoour roomies know how to OC they would have no problem resetting the bios thus clearing your password. Unless you padlock you case.

What kind of password can you set? Ill go take a look, hopefully I wont forget the password too. haha, wait they can reset that also huh? Then I guess its useless, but I have a lock on my case so maybe not.

set it as like your moms birthday or something. first dog you ever had spelled on keyboard. something unique that your roomates wont know. for christs' sake.

set it as like your moms birthday or something. first dog you ever had spelled on keyboard. something unique that your roomates wont know. for christs' sake.

Oh lolz, i was asking if is it only numeric password or it can be anything you want. Hehe :D But ye, thanks

The bios can be restet by pulling the battery for five minutes or via a jumper setting. If you lock the case and they cannot get it problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom