Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geddes

Solid State Member
Hi there,

I'm looking for a second opinion regarding some major hardware upgrades I am thinking of doing.

Processor = Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Dual Core Processor LGA775 Conroe 2.66GHZ 1333FSB 4MB Retail

Motherboard = ASUS P5LD2 R2.0 ATX LGA775 Conroe I945P DDR2 PCI-E16 3PCI-E 3PCI SATA RAID Sound GBLAN Motherboard

RAM
= OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

Power Supply
= Sparkle Power SPI ATX-400PN 400W ATX12V 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan P4 AMD Ready OEM

Case = Thermaltake SopranoRS 101 Mid Tower ATX Case Black 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT No PSU Side Window

All of this will cost approximately $650

I already bought a new 8600GTS so that's not included in there

Some opinions would be great,

Thanks

Well if do plan on doing some hard-core gaming, the VGA might not be so good. It's a low-end card in the 8 series, I think.

You might want to change your PSU to a Corsair 520HX. That PSU you got up there won't seem to be able to hold your computer up.

Motherboard, why not go for a P5K/P5B Deluxe? Great overclocking boards.

Those RAM's are fine. If you're looking for something a bit better and also it's pretty cheap, Crucial Ballistix would be a choice. They're great sticks.

Well if do plan on doing some hard-core gaming, the VGA might not be so good. It's a low-end card in the 8 series, I think.

The card is fine, I'm not into playing flight sim in highest res or anything

You might want to change your PSU to a Corsair 520HX. That PSU you got up there won't seem to be able to hold your computer up.

I've discussed this on other forums, people have said that the quality of this PSU is sufficient to run the system, I really don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Motherboard, why not go for a P5K/P5B Deluxe? Great overclocking boards.

I don't need to overclock :rolleyes:

Those RAM's are fine. If you're looking for something a bit better and also it's pretty cheap, Crucial Ballistix would be a choice. They're great sticks.
The place I'm buying this RAM has a special so that it only costs $70ish, while your crucial ballistix are selling there for around $140

Instead of that motherboard you can put a few more bucks into your budget and get the Gigabyte P35-DS3R. I'm really sure if you don't want to overclock, that board will, and I'm really sure it will, last you a pretty long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom