Nvidia and ATI Release Beta Drivers for BioShock

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea but if you got the 360 version from toys r us, you actually got to play the game early

un like if you got the pc game early you had to wait for release date to activate it

Controls are a PREFERENCE you can show any study on what is more efficient but that does not mean gameplay is better
its the exact same game on both platforms
some people prefer the controller to the mouse and keyboard and they play better with it
and i have a high end gaming computer and an xbox 360 with a 52" HDTV and yes the pc looks better but not by much like i said nothing to brag about

and i know alot of people who use a controller that could whip alot of gamers a**es, its all about preferences

theres been many experiments done, controls are not a preference, some offer more precision and accuracy such as a mouse and keyboard. Go look up the experiments game magazines have done with the prime game of topic halo. Like I said:

"with a console controller you cannot run in perfect circle while consistantly keeping your crosshair on a single point with pixel precision while with a mouse/keyboard combo you can easily"

theres been many experiments done, controls are not a preference, some offer more precision and accuracy such as a mouse and keyboard. Go look up the experiments game magazines have done with the prime game of topic halo. Like I said:

"with a console controller you cannot run in perfect circle while consistantly keeping your crosshair on a single point with pixel precision while with a mouse/keyboard combo you can easily"

i wouldnt say easily but it can be done with some skill

agree with gabb fully. cannot stress any more how much more affective mouse/keyboard is. the more natural it feels the better than gameplay. and another thing he said the graphics is certainly far better on pc mostly due to the fact that textures just dont cut it on consoles coz u not so close to screen dont notice as much. but i guarantee it is NOT better than pc. and i will be downloading those drivers shortly.

ps awesome game.

you dont seem to understand that precision DOES NOT MATTER!
ALOT of console gamers hate using hte mouse and keyboard for games, so there is no diference between the two in gameplay
yes i have read the sttudies and yes the mouse and keyboard is more precise but that does not mean that everyone likes it or that it is better
the gameplay is exactly the same it all comes down to preference, if you like the mouse and keyboard go with the pc version, if you like that controller go with the 360 version. both people will have the same experience

I'm not really sure why this has turned into a debate... but since it has... a couple of points that seem obvious to me:

Fade says, "...it all comes down to preference." And he's right, of course - as this debate demonstrates. If you prefer the consol controls, then more power to you. Maybe that's easier, maybe it's more comfortable. Totally a matter of personal preference. There is no right or wrong here.

Fade also says, "so there is no diference between the two in gameplay" and "gameplay is exactly the same." No offence, Fade, but of course that is not correct. There are obvious, fundamental, demonstratable differences in gameplay caused by significant differences in the UI of the two systems.

Objectively, keyboard/mouse offers more control and precision. So objectively, that is the better UI for better results - but not necessarily more enjoyability.

It's still a matter of personal preferrence. If you enjoy the consol more - more power to you. For one thing, it's tough to use a keyboard/mouse while you're lying on the couch. There are plenty of reasons why someone may prefer the consol control.

I think people that are in disagreement are confusing the enjoyability with the effectiveness.

ive played the demo on my pc and the full verrsion on my 360 and aside from the controls and better graphics on the pc (not really that much better) i find no difference in the actual gaming expierience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom