Building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both those options, you mentioned are good. It's just a matter if you want to setup RAID or not.

I believe with 4 HDs, you can run RAID 0+1. If you're worried about performance and data security, you shouldn't bother with RAID. But I think you should just get two hard drives. One for OS and personal files. Then another backup hard drive. Or get one large hard drive, split it up into two partitions. One for OS and personal files, and get a backup hard drive.

good idea.. but i would recommend RAID5, it uses 3 Hard Drives, and just like RAID 0+1 u get performance and security... but it requires 3 HD's instead of 4, but i would just get 1 WD 750GB HD and call it a day :)

- Coolermaster CAC-T05 Centurion 5 Aluminum ATX Tower Case 5X5.25 1X3.5 4X3.5INT SILVER-BLACK No PS
- Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro LGA775 2500RPM 45CFM

Sabar

I just wanted to make sure that if I ever wanted to upgrade from the 8800GTS that I am getting, and I'm assuming the newer cards are going to be bigger, that the case above will be big enough to accomodate it or should I be looking at getting a stacker case? Also; is that cooler ok for the quad?

Thanks,
Sabar

It might fit in that case, but it might be very tight. So get a full tower case, like the stacker.

The AF7 Pro, can handle the quad, under stock speeds, but if you're looking into overclocking, consider a Tuniq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom