Nvidia 9800 rumors from Neoseeker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtech3000

In Runtime
I just thought some of these rumors were funny from Neoseeker.com. I highly doubt this will be a PCI Express 2.0 card that rumor is bad unless 2.0 works backward with 1.0 which I'm assuming it does

Here is at the actual article:

Rumors regarding NVIDIA's 9800 GTS/GTX emerge - Neoseeker News Article

Here are some of the rumors cut from it:

Here are some of the rumors floating about the Internets:

* it'll offer around 1 TERRAFLOP of computational performance
* the clock speed is going to be somewhere between the 800 and 850 MHZ mark
sticking with the nomenclature of the current generation, there'll be a 9800 GTS and GTX
>> it'll be the first PCI Express 2.0 card <<
looks like it'll also support a new DirectX 10.1 standard, and Open GL 3.0
it'll have a DisplayPort connector (the new digital display interface standard)
* be built with a 65 nm fabrication process
* double precision support (floating-point 64)
an GTX2 version might come very soon after launch (2 GPUS on one card, like a 7950 GX2)
could be almost as twice as fast as a 8800 Ultra (as crazy as that may sound)
might sport a gigabyte of GDDR4 memory

Well I hope this card is good, I delayed my entire computer system just to get this card. But, from the looks of it I think it will be quite powerful.

Well I hope this card is good, I delayed my entire computer system just to get this card. But, from the looks of it I think it will be quite powerful.

I'm in Ontario too and out of curiosity, where do you buy from? I've heard terrible things about tigerdirect and the only other place I really know of is NCIX...

will PCI-E 2.0 run on the PCI-E x16 slot? will they be coming out w/ new mobo's for this card or what?

PCIe 2.0 is just a new slot to replace 1.1, in new motherboards. It doubles the bandwidth available from 1.1, going from 2.5Gbit/s to 5Gib/s. PCIe 2.0 is also backwards compatible with 1.1, so you can run your old graphic cards, in there too.

will PCI-E 2.0 run on the PCI-E x16 slot? will they be coming out w/ new mobo's for this card or what?

Yes, you can use the motherboard you currently have to run PCIe 2.0. What the 2.0 is is that it makes the data speed faster. The new PCIe 2.0 spec will double the per-lane speed to 500MB/s, boosting a x16 link to 8GB/s.

PCIe 2.0 is just a new slot to replace 1.1, in new motherboards. It doubles the bandwidth available from 1.1, going from 2.5Gbit/s to 5Gib/s. PCIe 2.0 is also backwards compatible with 1.1, so you can run your old graphic cards, in there too.

so what u also saying is that PCI-E 2.0 graphics cards will NOT WORK with 1.1 mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom