Building gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
I decide no PS3 antymore. Instead I want to build a PC mostly for BF2 and CS:S, but when Crysis and COD4 come out I want to play those games too. I have no clue when I read these guides on building a PC, I don't know about the products and differences. What is the most important thing I should think about? I would like to keep under €1000 but €1500 is ok I guess. Like I said I would like to run Crysis very fast at maximum settings when it comes out.

Also do you have a good computer now that you can take some parts out of?
cause if you do then you have a lot can cut out quite a bit of parts that are just a bother to buy. Also are you looking to get parts and build the computer, or are you looking to get a computer that's already built? If you're looking to get a pre-built then if you could give us some good sites that ship to where you live. Also if you're gonna get parts then again, a good site that has a large selection of individual parts, and will ship to your area.

Also do you have a good computer now that you can take some parts out of?
cause if you do then you have a lot can cut out quite a bit of parts that are just a bother to buy. Also are you looking to get parts and build the computer, or are you looking to get a computer that's already built? If you're looking to get a pre-built then if you could give us some good sites that ship to where you live. Also if you're gonna get parts then again, a good site that has a large selection of individual parts, and will ship to your area.

Well, TBH my father has PC but his work is entirely on it, and I rarely get 2 use, and I have about €1000 now but later may have up to €1500. I get to game sometimes when he's not using it but tbh his work is very important and the more I leave his PC alone the better. Also my PC would be in my room.

The only thing I have is an old PC which was like 1998, but I was told that it would be pointless trying to upgrade that.

Also are you looking to get parts and build the computer, or are you looking to get a computer that's already built?
I am going to get parts to build it myself not prebuilt.

Also if you're gonna get parts then again, a good site that has a large selection of individual parts, and will ship to your area.
That is one problem. I live in Republic of Ireland and I looked on newegg.com for example, and faq simply doesnt work so I don't know anything about shipping. What sites would u recommend considering im in ROI?

mobo: ds3r p35 gigabyte
ram: gskill hz's 2*1gb sticks
cpu: q6600 g0 stepping
vga: 8800gtx
psu: corsair 620w
hdd: 320gb seagate 16mb cache 7200.1 rpm

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/building-gaming-pc-151970/

Would something similar to this be ok?

What is the difference between quad and duo? Also is 2gb enough or should I get 4gb of RAM?

2gb is deffinitly enough for now, cause vista (with the exception of the x86 version) has issues with more then 2 i believe. And the only difference with a dual core and a quad core is that quad core's are more expensive (in some cases) and faster then the dual cores. What you could do is get the q6600 for i think 280-300 USD.

I looked around and found one website that sells stuff in ireland, and things there were pretty expensive, I only got a mobo, cpu, 2 gig of ram, and a 8800 gts and was at 1000 euro so. Look around and try and find a good place to get stuff.

i was going to get from aria.co.uk they ship to here;
"Deliveries to Eire are charged at £26.95 for up to 5 kg. For parcels weighing above 5 kg, there is an additional charge of £2.30 per kg."
how much would al those components weigh? woudl shipping be ex*****ve? ireland is a ripoff tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom