Help me get to 3.3GHz from 3.0GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
I cant seem to get to 3.3GHz.

When I set FSB to 366 and 1.35Volts, I also changed the RAM Frequency to the 900ish and kept the 5-5-5-15 timings.

But when I boot my computer, it loads vista but when I login, i get the blue screen which tells me its a RAM issue.

What frequency do i set my RAM to if I want to run a 366 FSB to my system?

And how do I change the 2:3 ratio so it doesnt follow that ratio or does it change when I set the frequency for the RAM?

at 366FSB with 2:3 ratio, I should be able to set my RAM up to 1098...

(366/2)x3 = 549MHz (1098DDR2)

At 3.0GHz
(333/2)x3 = 499.5MHz (999DDR2) ----> This one is stable but when I go to the one above, its not stable.

Am I doing this wrong or something?

When you change the FSB higher dont you have to decrease the RAM frequency too?

Overclocking is confusing me ahhh.

dude your computer is fast enough, lol, why do you want to mess with bsod's & shorten your pc's lifespan? for a cpu benchmark score?

if you want a fast pc for gaming I understand but pushing your pc to be unstable I'll never understand lol

dude your computer is fast enough, lol, why do you want to mess with bsod's & shorten your pc's lifespan? for a cpu benchmark score?

if you want a fast pc for gaming I understand but pushing your pc to be unstable I'll never understand lol

man y not. its hardly lowers life span. maybe from like few hundred yearsd to like 80 but who cares. its basically better for free. while increasing knowledge of how things work.

any way agreed with meaty anti up to maybe 2.1-2.2 maybe 2.3. make sure u run sum stab tests on ur cpu and yes ur ratio will change as u o/c dw bout it. i found with my hz's i could reach 1200MHz but didn't leave em high enough to test stability 1100MHz should be ok for a while.

Lower your ram muliplier to 2, to give you a 1:1 ratio. Don't let your ram hold you back from pushing your CPU further, OC the cpu first, then go back and see how far you can push the ram.

Okay, im still getting the blue screen. Heres what I did.

3.0GHz settings

FSB: 333 x 9 Multiplier
CPU Voltage: 1.337
RAM Frequency: 1000MHz
Timing: 5-5-5-15
Voltage: 1.9

I changed it to this to get to 3.3GHz

FSB: 366 x 9 Multiplier
CPU Voltage: 1.35
RAM Frequency: 792MHz
Timing: 4-4-4-12
Voltage: 2.0

What am i doing wrong? Should I have increased the RAM frequency? Loosen the timing to say.... 6-6-6-18? Decrease/Increase the Voltage?

Not sure what to do from here.

Your RAM's stock voltage is like 2.1v. If you put 2.1v, you could probably go DDR2-1200 with 5-5-5-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom