Please Rate My Build Before I Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think I'd rather get the one that comes with a PSU because I tend to do a lot of PC repairs for people and it would be nice to have a backup PSU. As for the monitor you suggested, it doesn't fit in to my budget after you factor in shipping and money to buy a game, plus I'm already pretty set on the 22in Acer, but i appreciate your suggestions thanks.

Lol, I was looking at your original specs and they look good the way it was. Everything pass the compatibility check and you're using good components.

Thanks, and how do u like the 7800 GT in your desktop? I read it was a great card when it came out a couple years ago, does it still perform well?

Absolutely!!! It's a great video card that packs plenty of power. I'm playing games like Doom 3, Battlefield, Quake 4, AOE3 (full extreme, max, super duper high settings by the way), and NFSU2. No slow downs at all!!! Yeah, it's good for the price. But with the way video cards are changing, I still prefer to get a 8000 series nvidia GPU. Back when I got it, it was top of the line, well, besides the GTX model.

Yeah because i remember reading a review for the video card and it wa the best you could get when it came out, I first read about it in Computer Gaming World before that magazine changed it's name.

As of now, I have no plans to upgrade since it runs pretty fast still. That's why I feel any new PC build has got to be good no matter what the budget is. Mine is nearly 2 years old already and can still match the performance of most PC's out there and take on just about any software I can throw at it.

That's why I liked the specs you had originally, but the upgrade looks fine too. It's nice to get the latest and greatest stuff, but technology change way too fast for me.

Yeah I agree, And I heard that nvidia is coming out with their 9th generathion GPU's in november so I'm not sure if I should wait until then and choose one of those or what, plus the Penryns are coming up soon so yah like you said technology changes too fast.

Those new parts will come at a premium price which is the disadvantage of waiting. I would just get something you see now and go for it. CPU is changing the most. Intel already successfully tested their new version of the optical CPU. Can't wait to see that when it comes out after awhile. Most likely, it will hit commercial and business use first before filtering down to consumer use since the price will be so outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom