mobo/cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
Heya, looking for suggestions on getting a motherboard/cpu. needs to have a PCI-E slot, and be compatable to Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail If possible would there be a match to this CPU? Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail lga775 socket Would just need to keep the budget under $500
Edit: I dont plan on OCing anything, if that makes any difference in consideration

alright, thanks for the quick reply :) ill look into these, but on personal preference, which wouuld you reccomend, for future upgrading (but still limited to 184pin ram slot)
Edit: hrm actually, going into the specs on some of these they show as Memory
Number of Memory Slots 4×240pin
Memory Standard DDR2 800
DDR2 1066 (Only support the memory on the Memory Support List on the official website)

i need the slots to be ddr 184pin :(

Those motherboards will last you long enough. I don't think anyone is going to use their motherboard for any more then about 5~6 years. Maybe even less, depending on your money. If you go with either one of those motherboards I have suggested up there, you might want to look into these RAMs. Crucial Ballistix; These RAM has the performance you're looking for, and is pretty cheap.

the thing is i just bought 184pin pc 3200 ram about 3 days ago >.> at the time of buying it i wasnt planning on upgrading my mobo, so now im stuck looking for a mobo that has the 184pin ram slots that can support pc3200, or am i missing something?

hrm, would you be able to reccomend a higher quality mobo/cpu that are compatable to ddr ram then please? : )

3 years ago? You might consider upgrading your RAM as well. The e6750 and P35-DS3R is a good choice though. I have both and I was able to overclock the 6750 to 3.5Ghz. The P35 should last you a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom