Which Graphic card to buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurence_arnold

Beta member
Im about to purchase my new comp, and im stuck as to which graphics card, i have a choice between -

XFX 320MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 560M
XFX 640MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 500M

Im running an Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.4Ghz LGA775 Processor, its an sli configured motherboard so would i be able to buy the cheaper and then if needed set up another card of the same (similar to increasing ram size) or does it work differently?

And ill be using it for modern gaming, and scientific applications in linux

my question is really whether the 640MB makes a lo of diffrence, is it worth the extra money or would it be worth upgrading to a better monitor with the lower spec card?

Cheers

Get the 320mb version, the 640 just is not worth the price, you woul dbe better off just hselling out for an 8800gtx at that point.

Get an EVGA 8800 gts 320 now and upgrade to a GTX in 3 months when the prices come down :)

Step up ftw.

Get an EVGA 8800 gts 320 now and upgrade to a GTX in 3 months when the prices come down :)

Step up ftw.

step ups a nice idea but you have to pay msrp price which is usually more expensive so you should just go ahead and get the gtx right off instead of upgrading in 3 months, or just stick with the gts

MSRP price can be a good 50 bucks higher. A steep price drop would buy me over though. :D The sad thing is, since i bought my card, gtx prices have went up. Let's hope they drop by end of october.

Considering I got my gts pretty cheap, in 3 months when the gtx over the gts will actually make more of a difference in gaming it will have come down in price enough to justify the extra power. As of now the gts does everything i need it to, and if the gtx price doesnt come down to where i want it then i just wait for the g92. Win win.

Get the 320MB. Cheaper and still good performing. You could also overclock the 320 and it'll be even better. 640MB isn't worth the extra 70 dollars in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom