Nvidia and ATI Release Beta Drivers for BioShock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well i just checked and dropped down to 1600x1200 (highest non widescreen res under my native) and it looks the same. Its not cropping. If its not actually widescreen then it is stretched, but its definately not cropped as the players hands are exactly the same in widescreen and 4x3

AP4 is right:

Master Games List - B - WSGFWiki

the widescreen support is listed as Vert - instead of Hor + which means they actually reduce the viewing area believe it or not. No full screen support in this day and age where 99% of monitors are widescreen? UNEXCUSABLE!

PS: You can play any game at any resolution ( like warcraft 3 ) by editing the regedit, but that still doesn't help the viewing area. The game has to support it so theres an increase in viewing area ( warcraft 3 does not even tho I play it at my native resolution 1600x1050 by editing the regedit )

Well in this case xbox360 FTW. I hate to say it, but the consoles have it here with no problem. And its sold by steam, tsk tsk tsk.

read reviews, they say the PC version is far graphically superior to the console version ( and imho gameplay wise as well due to the mouse/keyboard combo )

read reviews, they say the PC version is far graphically superior to the console version ( and imho gameplay wise as well due to the mouse/keyboard combo )

The game looks almost identical... except much bigger on my 37inch 1080 TV. I much prefer controller to mouse/keyboard any day. But like you said, thats just me.

The game looks almost identical... except much bigger on my 37inch 1080 TV. I much prefer controller to mouse/keyboard any day. But like you said, thats just me.

Try playing it on a pc with a 24" monitor, its bigger than being 6-8 feet from a bigscreen tv. Plus keyboard and mouse > console controller.

gameplay is no better on the pc then the 360 seeing as thats a personal preference
and ive played it on both and while it does look a little better on the pc its not really noticeable or anything to brag about

um have you seen in run on a high end systen and then seen it run on a xbox 360 with HDTV? Cause I have...and me and the reviewers are both telling you...its not identical at all

gameplay is no better on the pc then the 360 seeing as thats a personal preference
and ive played it on both and while it does look a little better on the pc its not really noticeable or anything to brag about

you want to play me in ANY FPS game using your xbox 360 controller while I get a mouse/keyboard combo? This has been debated over and over again and even experiements have been done. Believe it or not people the obvious is true, a mouse/keyboard combo is FAR more effective then a console controller when it comes to FPS games. Thats just how it is, with a console controller you cannot run in circles while consistantly keeping your crosshair on a single point with pixel precision while with a mouse/keyboard combo you can easily. Thats why i say the gameplay is better, since controls are a part of gameplay.

Controls are a PREFERENCE you can show any study on what is more efficient but that does not mean gameplay is better
its the exact same game on both platforms
some people prefer the controller to the mouse and keyboard and they play better with it
and i have a high end gaming computer and an xbox 360 with a 52" HDTV and yes the pc looks better but not by much like i said nothing to brag about

and i know alot of people who use a controller that could whip alot of gamers a**es, its all about preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom