First time testing my OC; Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
CPU is OCed to 3.0GHz with FSB @ 333MHz x 9 Multiplier running at 1.337 Volts

RAM @ 5-5-5-15 in 1.9Volts 1000MHz

So far so good running in Orthos passed all test and its been running for about an hour.

How long do I run Orthos for? And If I pass all test, should I clock it higher or keep it at 3.0GHz.

Maximum Temp so far is 47C

Maximum Temps:
System - 41C
CPU - 47C
Core 1 - 42C
Core 2 - 43C

It seems to me that Orthos is only stressing one of the cores, the Core 2 not the Core 1. Is this ok? Or should I test it on both Cores at the same time?

The RAM is like 100% most of the time. Is the RAM tested on Orthos too?

Im doing the blend test stress test CPU and RAM and the CPU Selection is Any CPU but its only running or stressing the Core 2 CPU.

Hmmmm... If this passes I might try 366FSB from 333FSB, thats a huge jump, should I take the risk?

Edit
Okay, I also dont have a monitoring thing to monitor the RAM temperature. Not sure if its gonna affect that nor do I know what the max temperature for RAMs or this particular RAM.

Which brings me to another question, whats the maximum MHz for this RAM too? Cuz when I change the FSB, the RAM MHz selection also changes.

Example. When I had the CPU FSB at 300, RAM was at 1000MHz. But when I changed the CPU FSB to 333 RAM went up to 1066MHz but I brought it back down to 1000MHz afraid it was clocked too high for this RAM.

So when I go to 400FSB, I should bring my RAM to 800MHz for a 1:1 Ratio?

Last thing, is it okay if I leave Orthos running while say........ I go wash my car or something? I hear/read that you/I should be running Orthos for at least 8 Hours to make sure its stable or not. But with Temperature not reaching more than 50C, I think I can clock it even more maybe to 3.6GHz without reaching temperature greater than 60C.

Temps over 50*C won't hurt anything, but once you start going over 60*C you'll want to get some better cooling.

You got your DDR2 800 to run at 1066MHz? o_O

I'm not sure how to use Orthos, but you can make Prime95 run on both cores. Download Prime95.

Once you've downloaded it, make two shortcuts somewhere. Right-click the first and go to Properties, then the Shortcut tab. In the Target box, at the very end, put: -A0 (for core 0).

Then, hit apply and go to the second shortcut and do the same except put -A1 (for core 1).

Then, once you open Prime95 (open the first) go to Advanced (at the top) then Affinity, and put it as core 0, then open the second shortcut and put it as core 1.

There you have it, Prime95 on both cores. Run it for 10+ hours, if no errors, you're good to go. Though, I seriously doubt it will be unstable at only 3GHz.

Ye, I thought so. Hopefully its stable. No errrors found on Orthos so far, everything passed.

My RAM is running at 1000MHz 5-5-5-12 and 1.9Volts
CPU is at 333MHz FSB 1.337 Volts.

If this works okay, i think ill keep it and wont clock it just yet again.

Edit:

Will changing the PCI-E Frequency also increase my Graphics Card and test better on 3dmark? Im thinking of getting the PCI-E thingy on the BIOS to like 100 ~ 110 or something.

Temps over 50*C won't hurt anything, but once you start going over 60*C you'll want to get some better cooling.

You got your DDR2 800 to run at 1066MHz? o_O

I'm not sure how to use Orthos, but you can make Prime95 run on both cores. Download Prime95.

Once you've downloaded it, make two shortcuts somewhere. Right-click the first and go to Properties, then the Shortcut tab. In the Target box, at the very end, put: -A0 (for core 0).

Then, hit apply and go to the second shortcut and do the same except put -A1 (for core 1).

Then, once you open Prime95 (open the first) go to Advanced (at the top) then Affinity, and put it as core 0, then open the second shortcut and put it as core 1.

There you have it, Prime95 on both cores. Run it for 10+ hours, if no errors, you're good to go. Though, I seriously doubt it will be unstable at only 3GHz.

orthos all u have to do is just use multi cores and it will stress both cores without having you go throw all that stupid crap in making 2 folders with prime 5 and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom