Video Card Clock Speeds Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just went back to 3.0GHz with 333 FSB and 1000MHz on my RAM with 5-5-5-15 Timings and turned off C1E. So on CPU-Z it shows my CPU is at 3.0GHz all the time and doesnt change the Multiplier from 6 to 9 and vice versa when the system is loading.

Right now, idle temps are....

System - 38C
CPU - 35C
Core 1 - 29C
Core 2 - 29C

Ima run Orthos and see how high the temps can go.

I set the voltage on CPU at 1.337 and RAM at 1.9 Voltage. On the BIOS, when i set the CPU Voltage at 1.337 it was in blue color which i think means its a bit low for it. And when i set it to 1.35 it was in white which supposedly i think is the right voltage.

What should I set the voltage to?

That brings me on to another question...

How can you do dual monitor? Can you do two 22" monitors using one graphics card? :D Wonder if its worth it hehe.

Very easy to do with the 8800GT. Just Plug in 2 montitors to your card and restart you computer, it will most likely find two montiors and open a wizard to set it up, if not you just go into the video card setting and set it up manually.

Its worth it when you need 2 workspaces for things like video/photo editing or running things like Sonar/Pro tools/Cubase for the extra room. I usually just use one display, but when I'm Running Sonar for recording, I use 2 (and old CRT) and open all the plugin widows and setting in the CRT. Makes life so much easier :D

Very easy to do with the 8800GT. Just Plug in 2 montitors to your card and restart you computer, it will most likely find two montiors and open a wizard to set it up, if not you just go into the video card setting and set it up manually.

Its worth it when you need 2 workspaces for things like video/photo editing or running things like Sonar/Pro tools/Cubase for the extra room. I usually just use one display, but when I'm Running Sonar for recording, I use 2 (and old CRT) and open all the plugin widows and setting in the CRT. Makes life so much easier :D

How will the games work? You can run two 22" resolution at 1680x1050 and with dual monitor side by side it will be 3360x1050 resolution?

Not sure if this graphics card can handle that. I think max resolution is like 2500x1600 or something.

How will the games work? You can run two 22" resolution at 1680x1050 and with dual monitor side by side it will be 3360x1050 resolution?

Not sure if this graphics card can handle that. I think max resolution is like 2500x1600 or something.

You could, but I really don't think you would want to unless you have two completely identical screen and a very thin plastic sides on your monitor. I actually did this just for a test with the LCD wide screen and the CRT, so I know it can be done, but you would need the right monitors for it too look good. Not sure about the resolution though, you would have to find out for yourself.

It is fun though to be playing a game on one screen, and watching a movie on the other though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom