Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
For cooling your cpu and gpu you want a dual 120mm radiator.

You are going to need

pump
radiator
hose
cpu water block
gpu water block
T-line or resivior
clamps
and a lot of reading up.....

about 7 months ago I was up on the water cooling, and almost bought a $300 loop... but I don't know many good brand names and models anymore.

while a dual 120 would be preferable, you can make do with a single 120mm radiator if you go for a high performance model.

For example.

Petra's Tech Shop

Petra's Tech Shop

Depending on how big his case is and how much room he has, a single 120mm may be his only option with some major case modifications

lol...I think he meant Thermaltake's water cooling kits. I don't remember Thermalright having water cooling kits. I've seen their water block though.

I put together a watercooling setup from Jab-Tech for about $300 a couple months ago.

I have an Apogee GTX (CPU block), Black Ice GT Stealth 360 (radiator 3x120), Swiftech MCP655 Pump, a Swiftech Reservoir, and 3 Panaflo M1BX 120mm fans (very loud don't recommend for a quiet system)

This may be a little on the pricey side for you but I can guarantee that it will keep your cpu and gfx card cool. I keep it running just on my QX6700 and it keeps it at around 35C @ 3.3GHz (remember that this is a B3 quad). I consider that a pretty good temp for all of the heat my cpu puts out. Temps never rise more than 5C on load either.

I'm pretty sure Petra's tech shop, Xoxide...all the places that specialize in water cooling buy their tubing and fittings from McMastercarr.com.

I design medical devices, thats where we get all our fittings from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom