ATI tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
I did a quick search and didn't find anything on the forums so I'm going to ask. How long do you usually scan for artifacts before being satisfied that its stable?

I usually scan 10-20 minutes, and then I run 3dmark, then play some games to test it out.

whenever i turn atitools on, and that floating furry cube appears, the temps on my x1950XT instantly shootup to 80C-90C. what is with that?

Yea...the furry cube, or the artifact scanner, puts the graphic card on load, because it's like a stability test for graphic cards.

Yea...the furry cube, or the artifact scanner, puts the graphic card on load, because it's like a stability test for graphic cards.

ah okay, understood. also why is when i get it to test the max core, it just keeps going up till it crashes? why doesnt it just stop at a stable speed? and i know you also have the same card, so is it worth overclocking? is it going to increase performance significantly, because im trying my hardest to keep a cool PC.

I have the PRO, not the XT....and the XT is more overclockable than my PRO. It keeps going up until it crashes, because it's finding the absolute max. But you can just lower it by 10-15MHz, for it to be stable. I'd say, if you don't get a significant overclock, than it's not worth the increased heat output.

ah okay, understood. also why is when i get it to test the max core, it just keeps going up till it crashes? why doesnt it just stop at a stable speed? and i know you also have the same card, so is it worth overclocking? is it going to increase performance significantly, because im trying my hardest to keep a cool PC.
it stops if it artifacts. Some cards will crash before they artifact though.

@ murd you have an extremely hot card, my XTX used to do that, but now that I got a zalman, it never goes over 75. I don't think the x1950 is supported, but i could be wrong :|

just turn the leaf blower on your card, you'll have to deal with it, though :\

@ murd you have an extremely hot card, my XTX used to do that, but now that I got a zalman, it never goes over 75. I don't think the x1950 is supported, but i could be wrong :|

just turn the leaf blower on your card, you'll have to deal with it, though :\

yeah i do have a zalman VGA fan on it, the one fatal1ty gave his name too, but still ive seen a max temp of about 86C.

UPDATE: ive just been running ATI tool, and ive seen it goes up to 98C! wtf?! im getting a refund on the fan because theres no ****ing way the temperature is meant to go that high. seriously why the **** is it getting so hot? even still, i play BF2, CS:S and BF2142 on max settings, but ive never ever gotten artifacts or BSOD's or anything to say the card cant handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom