water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...water cooling is a point for the cool and quiet factor. But the downside is leakage. If you get a very good watercooling kit, and test it thoroughly, then chances are slim for the kit to leak. So don't cheap out on water cooling kits, or you might as well, just wash your computer components with water. A good water cooling kit, cost in the range of $200-300+.

As long as you know how to set it up properly and maintain it, it's fine.

I have a watercooling system for my PC. It's not installed at the moment, because I'm getting things ready for my new case when I get it (Lian-Li PC-A70, not available in Australia yet)

It is good to note however that a leak will not destroy your computer, it may not even damage the component. Shorts happen, I remember telling some of you guys about the time I spilled a whole cup of coolaid into my computer. It still works to this day.

It is good to note however that a leak will not destroy your computer, it may not even damage the component. Shorts happen, I remember telling some of you guys about the time I spilled a whole cup of coolaid into my computer. It still works to this day.

wow...Did you wait for it to dry up or something?

...and if I remember correctly, aren't there coolants for a water cooling system, that aren't conductive?

I washed it out with bottled water (the filtered kind due to fewer free ions) and set it outside by the pool to dry. There are dielectric coolants out there, most of them are a very non viscous oil, like silicon oil. You can also just use distilled water but after a little while the radicals will eat up ions from the blocks, pump, and radiator making it more conductive. Meaning it will need replacing frequently. Alcohol is a good conductor of heat if you feel like using it, I wouldn't recommend it though.

you can get non conductive addatives.

but if you get a good kit like swiftech or dangerden, then you shouldnt really have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom