simple ram ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

US SOLDIER

Solid State Member
Can someone tell me what the dif is in the ram speeds ex 800 mhz and how do I choose the speed?? Is it to match the fsb on the processer?? Sorry if this is to NOOB but hey thats what I am Thanks guys for the help

800MHz is what you see as DDR2 800. It's the physical memory of a computer which is also to help with the data search speed, I think. The FSB on the processor is a different subject since when you increase the FSB, it'll increase the speed of the RAM. FSB is the front side bus which is the main speed of your CPU that it is currently running at.

also to go along with that I have two more questions.. What is the diference in the intel extreme processers and are they worth the outragous amount of cash they are asking.

Also I am wanting to run 2 22 inch monitors, will I need a high end gpu to run this well? I assume that I do but your input is always helpful

The extreme edition processors, have unlocked multipliers. This isn't needed, as it's mostly for hardcore overclockers, trying to set a world record.

You don't need a high end video card, to run two 22" LCD monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom