ram? pc3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 200 bucks was based off of what it cost about 2 months ago when i was actually looking into upping the memory on my old system. Admittedly i didnt look real had because i wanted an excuse to build a new rig :p

DDR is super expensive as its not mainstream, the price of DDR2 is about half the price of DDR. usually 2gb of DDR-500 is like 200, DDR-400 is like 120+

Well corsair ballistix 800 is like 120 or so, so its about the same price wise. But you can go to google and pick up half a gig for like 25 bucks.

alright, figured out how to get into BIOs, changed the CAS from 2.5 to 2.0
but i ran cpu-z, it showed this.
Memory:
CAS# Latency-2.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay- 4 clocks
RAS# Precharge- 4 clocks
Cycle Time(Tras)- 15 clocks
but under SPD it shows as
SPD:
CAS# Latency-2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay- 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge- 2 clocks
Cycle Time(Tras)- 5 clocks
so im a little confused which to believe >.<

hrm, anything i can do to fix this? for the time being i set it back to letting the mobo decide, both SPD and memory showing the same
edit: hrm.. im thinking i should of changed everything, not just the cas latency, could that of been the cause? this was the first time ive ever gotten into the bios so im a little clueless >.>

Yes....that was the cause. You only changed the CAS or the first number. You should changed all 4 of them, to match.

hrm, went back and changed it to the advertised 2-3-2-5, and after that it didnt want to boot up, had to reinstall my old stuff to change it back to normal >< ill just stick with the 2.5-3-2-5 for the time being

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom