Thanks for screwing up my sound, 3dmark06

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
So after much tweaking and disabling of services today, I downloaded and ran 3dmark06. After it finished installing, it came up with a window regarding something with Creative controller or something like that. I clicked "ok" and ran 3dmark06.

I could care less about my score right now, because the stupid program just screwed up all my settings for my X-Fi. Now, all my sound is coming from my onboard into my headset speakers. I try to switch back to my X-Fi, but it says the application is no longer supported.

I know I'll have it corrected tomorrow, but why would a benchmarking program screw up all of my sound settings and basically shut off my X-Fi? Stupid crap like this ticks me off...

/end rant

i have an X-Fi and 3dmark06 has never messed with my sound at all. Good luck fixing it. Didnt know 3dmark could do that :(

Go to control panel, sounds and audio devices, and in the "audio" and "voice" tabs, make sure your X-Fi is selected and not your onboard sound.

If that fails, reinstall your drivers.

BTW, I have an X-Fi XtremeMusic, and 3dmark06 didn't do anything to it.

Well I turned on my rig today to find it all fixed. I guess I ranted because I don't have the kind of time I used to in order to fix it, because of school. I use my X-Fi for sound playback and use my onboard strictly for ventrilo and teamspeak.

3dmark is the only thing I ran yesterday, and when I ran it, I saw the pop-up bubble appear on the tool bar asking me to run the installshield wizard for my X-Fi...as if I had just put the card in. I dunno, odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom