what's holding my pc back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Hi. I am looking to upgrade my pc for graphic intensive gaming. I have a Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) and a Geforce 6800 (256MB). What should I upgrade? Is it necessary to upgrade the proc?

definitely.. Pentium D is 2 gen's old man and replaced by the Core 2 Duo's and Core 2 Quad's, can u tell me ur board?

and also the 6800 is it an ultra, GT or GS? might wanna drop atleast a 7900gs in there :0

lol my 6800 is a plain old 6800. No GS GT or ultra. also, my board cant support Core 2 Duo i kno that. so i could only upgrade to a better Pentium D (im not upgrading the board).

^ not really.. just overclock... not that ur getting much out of it

but don't expect much in new games (if at all)

oh i read ur other thread... u have a dell... u can't overclock with their locked bios

i was under the impression that the video card was way more important than the proc and that my proc could run newer games pretty good...

i was under the impression that the video card was way more important than the proc and that my proc could run newer games pretty good...

yes... but if u get a really good 8800gts or something with ur processor... expect bottlenecking.. and the CPU does take the workload during the games

would an upgrade to something like a 3.4 Ghz or 3.6Ghz Pentium D help significantly if i upgraded to somethin like a 8800GTS?

yep the 8800gts is from the high-end 8 series of Nvidia, and u have their 6 series, if u saw the video card rankings... u'd notice that the gts 320mb is in the top 5... and its the best bang for the buck cards available...

but since u have a dell, and not willing to upgrade to a new board, get a Presler based Pentium D since u have a warmer Smithfield... but i'd recommend scrap this and start fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom