New gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akumapalooza

Baseband Member
Hi, I don't know much of anything about computers but I need to buy a new one. I'm looking to spend about 2k. Would anybody know what is the best computer for gaming with my budget? I appreciate any help.

Look at my sig man... that plus Windows Vista Ult, monitor, keyboard, and mouse, speakers you should be right around 1800 - 2k I think

Ya his rig is pretty much what i would have done if i hadnt gotten lazy and went to microcenter with a credit card. I would suggest the p35-ds3r motherboard that i have unless you really need the wi-fi that comes with the asus board. If you do decide on getting a q6600 make sure to order it from somewhere that guarantees a g0 like clubit.

Does a computer w/ those specs have any trouble playing new games? And where do you suggest I buy the parts from? Newegg?

It will play anything out there, and future games as well. Mechtech3000, has an awesome gaming computer.

Do I buy all these parts separate then have somebody put them together? Because I would have no clue how to. Is there like an online tutorial? I'd like to learn.

Building your own pc is actually quite easy. After you do it once its a piece of cake. Your best bet is to get your cpu from clubit (if you get a q6600) and then just use Google Product Search to find the other parts. Newegg is a good bet for most of the parts though.

Building a pc is basically just a few steps.

1) open case
2) insert power supply
3) mount motherboard
4) mount hard drives/optical drives
5) install memory on mother board
6) install cpu on motherboard
7) install heatsink on cpu
8) plug in power to everything
9) turn on and install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back