Quad Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
no quad-core support.... listen to b1gapl, he recommended the p35-s3l, which is highly recommended board for the sub-100 range

Alright I'll go with that

Will I be able to use my same harddrive that has my OS on it?

It's IDE and it has other files along with my OS

I still have my OS disk, will I be able to use that or do I need to get another one?

You will have to reinstall the OS, whenever you change the motherboard. Yes...you can still use your OS disc.

dam too many p35 DS3s. only one ds3 965, i love mine, and its getting outdated quickly. DS3R is needed soon :|

Don't go with that old of motherboard. I think he should spend a tad more, since he is getting a nice quaddy, but not my desicion.

Nah, you can most likely just pop your old hard drive back in and have it work, but you will have problems with installed programs. I went through 4 boards on the same os install, the only reason i had to reinstall was because a few of my games wouldnt play due to the hardware setup when i installed them.

i thought, when you got a new mobo, you need a new edition of XP, since you could go and copy all your OS files to every computer in your house on one copy of windows... but theres a registry hack to change that, but i forget it :|

veedubfreak said:
Nah, you can most likely just pop your old hard drive back in and have it work, but you will have problems with installed programs. I went through 4 boards on the same os install, the only reason i had to reinstall was because a few of my games wouldnt play due to the hardware setup when i installed them.

You may be able to get away with that, but it's always recommended, you do a fresh install, every time you change the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom