SATA HD install guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jumpr is like an platic thing that joins two pins together at the back. the combo for each settings is usually in the manual or printed on the actual hd itself

jumpr is like an platic thing that joins two pins together at the back. the combo for each settings is usually in the manual or printed on the actual hd itself

I dont see any jumpers related to HDs but can anyone answer the question about the orange and purple SATA slots?

I think those slots are just to show #1, #2, #3, and #4. Purple as 1 or something. I'm sure nothing will happen since it is all SATA slots.

hmmm well the manual claims the orange slots are "Controlled by ICH9R" whatever the **** that is...the purple one is "controlled by Gigabyte SATA 2" so like...which should I go with? I hate not knowing all the details...

also I still don't know what thing you guys are speaking of to remove to make it go faster. All I see is the SATA power cable and SATA connector cable and that legacy ATA power connector thing Im not supposed to put anything into.

hmmm well the manual claims the orange slots are "Controlled by ICH9R" whatever the **** that is...the purple one is "controlled by Gigabyte SATA 2" so like...which should I go with? I hate not knowing all the details...

also I still don't know what thing you guys are speaking of to remove to make it go faster. All I see is the SATA power cable and SATA connector cable and that legacy ATA power connector thing Im not supposed to put anything into.

Oi, the purple one, that probably is the SATA 2 slot then. Plug it into one of the orange slots.

What we meant by taking out the jumper on the HDD is because when the jumper is on, it only sends a data speed of about 1.5GB/s. Removing it will change the data speed to about 3.0GB/s depending on what HDD you have.

yea the seagates have the jumpers also...i believe if you leave them on, its 1.5gb, but if u take it out, its 3.0...but check with the label on the hard drive

hmmm somehow it seems like I'm the only one with a GA-P35 DS3R mobo and SATA HDs and I know this can't be true :p For those that had my same mobo with SATA HDs did you discover what the diff colors ment and which ones did you use?

hmmm somehow it seems like I'm the only one with a GA-P35 DS3R mobo and SATA HDs and I know this can't be true :p For those that had my same mobo with SATA HDs did you discover what the diff colors ment and which ones did you use?

I just purchased that same motherboard, and a SATA HD as well. Ill let you know how i installed it. (hopefully it will come sometime today)

ps: im a newbie at this too so i dont even know if ill get it right either:eek:

the intel ich9's support 3GB/s any way. u just basically put them in the first slot available. there will prob be the intels for normal HDD setup and maybe gigabyte ones for raid not sure it does not really matter which plug u use.

also dunno y i posted about jumpers on back of HDD's. no one was even talking about the jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom