AMD 64 X2 6000 Vs. Intel duel core

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think there is something wrong with that website

Because it is priced $262 here
AMD ADX6400CZWOF AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 6400+ Black Edition 125 AM2 2MB 3200 - Monstronix, Inc.

And $130 here
AMD ADO5000DSWOF AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 6400+ Black Edition 125 AM2 2MB 3200 - Monstronix, Inc.

So, in the same website it is priced $262 and $130 in the other link !!!

And it says 6400+ is not available, so you will not be able to buy it for $130 anyway

6400+ was priced in $250 to $300 in most of the websites in Google product search

In the website Computer Brain it says that 6400+ is not available

In the title of Etech4sale website it says that 6400+ is $137 but when you open the link you see 5000+

Not you clearly.

No one cares about 3dmark

Would someone buy 6400+ just to get a high score in 3dmark ??!!

The majority of people are gamers, and E6750 performed better than 6400+ in ALL gaming benchmarks

In encoding, office applications, E6750 was better most of the time. So, if you are not a gamer the E6750 would still be better choice if it cost the same as 6400+

but not all the time, and not by much.

I didn't say that it beat it all the time. E6320 beats 5600+ in some cases but does this mean that E6320 better than 5600+

I'm talking about the overall performance

This an old article, and it is talking about Pentium D, not C2D

I've seen reviews that have different results.
Intel's Core 2 Duo E6750 processor - The Tech Report - Page 13

yes, 6000+ consumes more power, but not much more. Especially on idle, the difference is extremely small.

X-bit labs is more reliable than techreport

Here is another link
Legit Reviews - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor Review - Power Consumption

It seems that there are two websites showing that 6000+ consume much more power

Anyway, we agree together than 6000+ consume more power but you don't agree that it consume much more power.

I think there is something wrong with that website

Because it is priced $262 here
AMD ADX6400CZWOF AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 6400+ Black Edition 125 AM2 2MB 3200 - Monstronix, Inc.

And $130 here
AMD ADO5000DSWOF AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 6400+ Black Edition 125 AM2 2MB 3200 - Monstronix, Inc.

So, in the same website it is priced $262 and $130 in the other link !!!

And it says 6400+ is not available, so you will not be able to buy it for $130 anyway
It's for backordering. AMD are not planning on making a lot of them, so not every shop will have stock. K10 is just around the corner.

6400+ was priced in $250 to $300 in most of the websites in Google product search
Oh well. x6800 is over $1000 most of the time.
Still, 6000+ is cheap, and the difference is not much.

In the website Computer Brain it says that 6400+ is not available

In the title of Etech4sale website it says that 6400+ is $137 but when you open the link you see 5000+
oh well. 6000+ is still significantly cheaper than E6750.
No one cares about 3dmark
False.
Would someone buy 6400+ just to get a high score in 3dmark ??!!
yes, actually.
And would somebody buy a 6400+ because they already have an AM2 motherboard? or because they want the upgrade path to K10? yes.

The majority of people are gamers, and E6750 performed better than 6400+ in ALL gaming benchmarks
By how much?

In encoding, office applications, E6750 was better most of the time.
but not all the time, and not by a lot.

So, if you are not a gamer the E6750 would still be better choice if it cost the same as 6400+
unless it costs less, and/or you already have an AM2 motherboard, and/or you want an upgrade path to K10.

I didn't say that it beat it all the time.
and you didn't point out that the difference is not much.

E6320 beats 5600+ in some cases but does this mean that E6320 better than 5600+
I'm talking about the overall performance
but not the amount of difference in performance

This an old article, and it is talking about Pentium D, not C2D
So?

X-bit labs is more reliable than techreport
that's subjective.

Here is another link
Legit Reviews - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor Review - Power Consumption

It seems that there are two websites showing that 6000+ consume much more power
not much more.

Anyway, we agree together than 6000+ consume more power but you don't agree that it consume much more power.
For a reason.

I'm not trying to say that K8 is better than C2D, obviously. But your posts seem to be pushing and pushing to try and say that C2D is the ultimate uber processor, and that K8 is simply unworthy of anything.

All I'm doing is stop things from being blown out of proportion, which it is all too often. They are fast processors, whether people think so or not.

Besides, you do know that 6400+ is only a stopgap coming up to K10, don't you?

By how much?

10%

And CPU being faster 10% means a lot because games depend more on GPU than CPU, thats why if you compare a high-end CPU to Low-end CPU you won't see a huge difference in gaming

but not the amount of difference in performance

If you want to take the amount then E6750 would be even much better

Because E6750 was more than twice the speed of 6400+ in Excel (Thanks to 4MB cache that E6750)

amd-athlon%2064%206400-officeexcel.PNG

And in most of the benchmark that 6400+ won the difference was small

But in the most of the benchmark that E6750 won the difference was larger

athlon 64 x2 6400+ review and benchmark

not much more.

power_idle.jpg

It looks like 6000+ consume more power than quad core QX6700

I'm not trying to say that K8 is better than C2D, obviously. But your posts seem to be pushing and pushing to try and say that C2D is the ultimate uber processor, and that K8 is simply unworthy of anything.

And your posts seems to be pushing and pushing o try and say that K10 is the ultimate uber processor, when it is not out yet.

I'm here talking about 6400+, I didn't say that all K8 processors are worser

LOL

What is the benefit of scoring high score in 3dmark ? The answer is noting

It's for backordering. AMD are not planning on making a lot of them, so not every shop will have stock.

Most people here buy from newegg

Just let us wait and see its price on newegg

K10 is just around the corner.

Intel 45nm Penryn is just around the corner

Oh well. x6800 is over $1000 most of the time.
Still, 6000+ is cheap, and the difference is not much.

LOL

Did you ever see me recommending X6800 for people ?

E6850 is faster than X6800 and it cost under $300

Q6600 which is quad core processor is about $280 and it is overall better than any dual core processor and more future proof

E6750 cost around $200

E6550 cost around $170

These are the processors that I recommend to people.

So, what is your point ?

unless it costs less, and/or you already have an AM2 motherboard

I never disagreed with this

10%

And CPU being faster 10% means a lot because games depend more on GPU than CPU, thats why if you compare a high-end CPU to Low-end CPU you won't see a huge difference in gaming
Actually, CPU's in games are underrated. Graphics cards are more important than CPU's, but CPU's are still important.

If you want to take the amount then E6750 would be even much better

Because E6750 was more than twice the speed of 6400+ in Excel (Thanks to 4MB cache that E6750)
Wait, I thought you were talking about overall performance.
If you were talking about overall performance, you would see that K8 really isn't that bad.

And in most of the benchmark that 6400+ won the difference was small
And because the 6400+ did win some benchmarks, it shows that the Core 2 is not the uber godly processor it's often made out to be.

But in the most of the benchmark that E6750 won the difference was larger
Larger does not equal large.

power_idle.jpg

It looks like 6000+ consume more power than quad core QX6700
On idle?
Come on, that's dishonest. Put all four cores at max load, then see which uses more power.
And your posts seems to be pushing and pushing o try and say that K10 is the ultimate uber processor, when it is not out yet.
Then you are clearly misinterpreting me.
I'm here talking about 6400+, I didn't say that all K8 processors are worser
There are a lot of things you didn't say, including anything good about K8.

I mean, come on. I'm here saying that Core 2's are faster and more power efficient. But they also often cost more, and you need a different motherboard. Plus, AM2 boards will be able to utilise K10 processors.

I'm not here to put down C2D's, all I'm doing is stopping the misconception that K8 is not worthy.

What is the benefit of scoring high score in 3dmark ? The answer is noting
What is the benefit of using a computer? Ask the Amish.

Most people here buy from newegg

Just let us wait and see its price on newegg
Do we need to?

Intel 45nm Penryn is just around the corner
So is K10.

Did you ever see me recommending X6800 for people ?
Did you ever see me recommending the 6400+?

E6850 is faster than X6800 and it cost under $300
That's nice.

Q6600 which is quad core processor is about $280 and it is overall better than any dual core processor and more future proof
Is it better than the E6850?
Is it better than the Agenas?

E6750 cost around $200

E6550 cost around $170

These are the processors that I recommend to people.

So, what is your point ?
If you had read my post, you would have seen my point: the K8's are fast processors, which are often cheaper than C2D's, and often give better value for money.

My other point is that K10 is close to release, and is an upgrade path for those with AM2 motherboards. Which means that going AM2 is not always a bad idea.

I never disagreed with this
But you ignored it.

OK, so, the E6600 would be the alternative option to the 6000?

When the K10 CPU's come out will they work in a AM2 mobo, anyone have any ideas what they will cost? I heard they will rock but I don't want to spend $300 ona new CPU.

If the 6400 sold for $130 thats would be great but it doesn't seem to be in stock at that price, if the K10 was around $200 I might just hold off if it is being released soon and grab one of those.

If you decide on an intel core be sure to get an XX50 cpu as they are the latest stepping and usually priced better than the older cpus. The e6600 is more expensive yet slower than an e6750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom