Someone please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
"An 800 MHz fsb doesn't do a P4 any good unless you had ram running at 800MHz . That's why the XP only has a 400MHz bus because if krnxstyle runs the 400MHz ram in that computer, an extra 400MHz of bandwith doesn't do any good."

I never said the p4's take full advantage of the 800 mhz fsb's, but then the time comes, they will :p

cant say the same thing about the pre-64bit amd's.

By, the time we've got 800 MHz ram the pentium 4 socket 478 won't have any up to date motherboards that have a memory controller that acknowledges 800 MHz ram.

Edit: Also the future Pentium 4 processors also seem to have the uneeded bandwith as the intel is uping the fsb to 1066MHz on the next gen of socket 775 processors.

you are forgetting one small detail here..

the 800mhz fsb is not 800mhz at whole.. it is actually 200 mhz x 4. therefor it access's the ram 4 times faster and 2 times more then amd's..

the reason it doesnt take full advantage is in many cases, latency becomes a problem, but nonthe less its still better then 400mhz fsb..

The point why it acesses memory two times more and 4 times faster is because it isn't as efficent as the Athlon XP. Are you forgetting the newly announced K8T880 chipset for the Athlon XP which supports dual channel.

the only reason athlons are faster is because of reduced pipelines, has nothing to do with fsb speeds.. clock speeds, yes..

rakesh_1024 said:
AMD employs shorter pipeline. Hence more number of instructions get executed per cycle.
What Intel believes is higher clock speeds would compensate their longer pipeline.
Hence AMD 2400+ which runs at 2GHZ is almost equivalent to Intel's 2.6GHZ.
Go for Intel only if ur brother wants to do some video editing stuff.
For rest of the applications, nothing beats an AMD.

That explains it all so you guyz can stop arguing

AMD's do no have heating problems, if anything does its p4's

my amd 64 3200 runs nice and cool around 35C w/ the stock HSF and my friends stock P4 2.8 runs around 45C with the stock HSF

but i have to say...my case circulation is better

and yes...my 3200 DOMINATES his 2.8

Tehre's a lot of studies out now, that suggest the latest P4 CPUs kicks AMD's ass in whatever category... doesnt' matter to me man... can't go wrong w/ either one....both are top notch and the average home user is not going to able to tell the minute difference anyway. Just stay the hell away from Cyrix chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom