ATI X800XT drivers..problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try disabling FastWrites in the ATI Control Panel.
done

its the fact that he might have his HT on in bios, which messes up the comp when under heavy load
couldnt find it. so i could not change it

In your bios are you runing UC or USWC Cacheable or Uncacheable video?Id recomend USWC
it was uc, but now its uswc, but didnt see a way to set or change cacheable or uncacheable video

Are you running your memory on Turbo?
no, do i need to?

will go play a few games and see what it does. and again. thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!!!!

Running your memory in turbo will yield a small performance increase of 5-10 % depending on your overall case temps.
Look in your MOBO Manual Page 63 will explain Video Memory Cache Mode.If you have a Lazer Temp reader see what the temps are on variuos parts of the card .While your running a BenchMark.Also i forgot a major question what Bios version are you running?

in the bios, the HT should be displayed as:

"HyperThreading Technology : Enabled" put it on disabled.. it should be in one of the 2-3 selections... I think in advance bios settings.. im not sure thuogh, as we have different bios's.

Im running revision 1010 , this may be of some help to you.Seems i remebered having a video issue on my board as well.
Flashing the Bios is a good idea more so with the killer card that you have.I would install the most up to date if it were me.You can allways flash back if need be.ASUS does it good :) .

ok i have a guy in my clan thats running 1012 beta, he says its working great for him... would that be a good choice?

if not i could just run the 1010 like you said.

thanks again for all the help!!!!!!

thats a beta id stick with the released but you can read up on what issues there addressing with the beta .Imformation is good for ya :).How did your memory check out ?

ok, thought i would stick with the 1010 like you said. it seems to be doing a ok job. no problems with medal of honor and joint operations, but cod is still being a pain. a few of the stock maps run fine, but alot of the custom maps than ran fine on this computer before are still causing problems.

when i join a game running those custom maps, i can play for maybe 10 or 15 seconds, then the screen will freeze for about 5 seconds, then my screen will go black and then it comes back but its all messed up. its kinda hard to describe. its just really messed up looking. my computer is froze, and i cant exit or anything. i cant even do a ctrl+alt+delete or anything. i just have to hit the reset button and reboot my computer. if i just sit there, the monitor will go into sleep mode and nothing works, no sound or anything.

im wondering if this is still the video card, or a problem with cod?

and i didnt get the memory thing that you said. you asked me "How did your memory check out ?" what where you talking about? something for me to check? if so, could you explain a little better for a noob that didnt understand, lol

thanks for the help!!!!!

Memtest
.Download it read the instructions and create a bootable floppy disc .Let the test run overnight if you can . If you have errors this may be the source of your problem.Which may require replacing 1-2 modules. Its allways best to check your main system hardware whenever you have problems.Do you have the latest Patches for the game ? There may be some files within the game folders that need tweaking.Battlezone is a good example of 1.There was a large asset file that had to be installed , then edit the render file in order to get your windows system screen resolution in sink with the ingame resolution.Its allways best to run your game the same as your windows settings example: 1024x768x32 for your desktop .In game control panel 1024x768x32 as well.
Instability can sometimes be a hastle tracking down , so take your time and write down what steps you have done . Make notes of how well or worse the change made.Have you updated your Intel Chipset? Or Application Excellerators?These items can be downloaded .In the US/ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom