Is this dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
My friend just bought(ordered) a 8800GTS 320mb from eVGA. He just checked his PSU and its 300watts with 19 amps on the 12 volt. Should he even risking plugging the card in, and trying to run it? Or most likly will the psu fail and fry his system?

"fry" is not the word but you can damage your system from under wattage. at least the system isnt going to boot and at most you can cause hardware damage. get the popper psu. dont buy a 300+ dollar vid car then be cheap on the psu.

"fry" is not the word but you can damage your system from under wattage. at least the system isnt going to boot and at most you can cause hardware damage. get the popper psu. dont buy a 300+ dollar vid car then be cheap on the psu.

he already had his computet built.

I told him to buy

this

alot of people on here recommend alot of things on here that arent worthy being recommend lol. then people only know the "popular" item and never try anything else for themselves to develop a personal taste for something that may better suit them.

just my take. but like i said the one you linked is fine.

Read the requirements for the card, its 450 or 500 watts i dont remember and 26 amps on the 12v rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom