Codec prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
I thought I should post it here, as it is probably a codec problem. I finished a download of a second HD movie (300 btw) and it plays spectacularly, however, sound ain't play at all, unlike the other HD movie. I figured out that the Audio was DDplus5.1 (EN) and searched about in Google and found others expieriencing the same problem too but no solution. Vista Ultimate 32bit 3,06GhZ (Pentium IV) 1Gigabyte DDR 512mbyte Graphics card and Realtek AC'97 (If this help), if there is a type of codec please notify me I would appreciate it.

P.S. The video file format is mkv (Matroska) using VLC and SMPlayer.

Here is a idea. Buy it. Dont pirate it.

Have you tried the Vista codec pack, CCCP, KLite codec pack, AC3 Filter yet? Among all of those you should be able to get sound.

Also check out this topic at Beta-Place. wetlegs6 describes how you can convert it for yourself.

Mux'ing MKV to AVI - Beta-Place

I've got all those codecs, and found out that dolby digital won't release that codec for a while, thnks anyway. I don't have an HD dvd or blue ray player and I'm not going to buy one till one of them dominates.

If I hadn't already matroska pack already I wouldn't be even able to watch the movie, as I said I have another mkv HD movie which plays perfectly. DDplus needs a specific codec which is currently unavailable for pcs.

If I hadn't already matroska pack already I wouldn't be even able to watch the movie, as I said I have another mkv HD movie which plays perfectly. DDplus needs a specific codec which is currently unavailable for pcs.

yes you could as the k-lite pack can play them. I think you just answer your own question

I reinstalled all my codecs

Codecs installed :

Divx
Xvid
K-lite codec pack
matroska pack
AC3 filter (or something)

I also downloaded a mkv to avi converter and the file that played before still had sound while the other didn't, I've also found that also others have the same problem.

there is your problem u are mixing up all the codecs, for example you dont need XviD and DivX installing Xvid will play DivX files.

I have the Lion king which also has 5.1DDPlus audio, just uninstall all those codecs and use

1.CCCP, it has built in FFDShow,AC3,and MKV splitter

2.download Matroska splitter, ac3 filter and/or core avc and you are se, i'd suggest CCCP if your comp can handle it

Yes using one or more codecs does stop your program from running properly try uninstalling them all and using the one, also make sure your logging in as admin

UAC is disabled anyway, i did that and unfortenately no result, thanks for your help btw i appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom